Chapter 17

Big Girls Cry- Sia (I don't like her hair cut but she is a fabulous singer )
Today no ranting! :D Let's jump to the chapter!
Xxreadersxx
-Pink__blush.

"I can explain it." he said pleading with his eyes. Athena closed her eyes to let his plead go away.

"I don't want to hear anything, Mr. Forbes. don't ever call me. I don't want to see your face." she said getting up without looking at him. She collected her clutch from the hall and was about to leave when Edwin forced her in his arms. The worst part is you cannot hate someone you love. It's always about the heart racing against mind.

As much as she wanted to push him away, she can't. She wanted to see his eyes but her head buried in his arms knowing that this maybe the last time to feel like home in his arms.

"Athena... I love you." he said as his voice is shaking in fear of losing her.

She cried harder as she let his arms wrap around her strength less body.

"You lied..." she whispered taking a sob. She looked up and noticed his tears. This is the first time she saw him crying. She wanted to comfort him but she can't.

"Tell me how much of it did you lie? Is your mother really dead? Is Maggie really your sister? What about John? And your job? Oh, I forgot that you own the company why will you have a job there?" she said as she kept on crying. His tears flew as his eyes looked away in shame.

"Do you even love me? Do you really exist as my Edwin? The care, kindness, love which you showered was from Edwin Stuart... I... Love... I love Edwin Stuart." she said as her sobs grew louder and her head buried in his chest.

"It was me. It is me. My surname is different but everything else is real. Trust me. I don't want to lose you Athena. Please don't leave me." he pleaded as his sobs did not end.

She hugged him. She wanted to just make this all okay. She wanted to forget that he faked his whole existence. She wanted to believe that he loved her but her mind did not allow her to do so. Edwin hold her tightly as he hugged back. He kissed her neck and her shoulder thinking of what will happen if he loses her.

"I am giving upon you, Edwin Forbes." she whispered.

His world shattered in his ears when he heard those most destructive words. His grip loosened as he faced her puffy face.

"Athena, I love you. Don't do that. I just did this because of fear of losing you." he pleaded with his body shivering and his holding the horror of the moment.

"Fear of losing is when you feel that your love is not being reciprocated. You said this yourself when you fucked me Mr. Forbes. Goodbye." she said as her face tried holding the determination of her words. As she moved away from his arms, he gripped her closer and without a second thought he kissed her. Softly, gently and in the way that will tell her that he loves her. Athena was a lost soul like always in his kiss. She kissed him back. A goodbye kiss.

Edwin kissed her. A pleading kiss.

When she realized that this kiss will only destroy her decision of leaving him she moved her face away.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry. Believe me. This is Edwin Forbes telling you that I love you. I love you the moment I saw you dancing with the roadside guitar guy. It just took me long to confess my love. I just did this to be with you. I never wanted to lie all this. I never wanted to get this lie grow bigger. I can't lose you. It will destroy me. Please... Please don't do this to me." he cried as he pleaded.
That's it. I can't be weak. I have to show him my anger. Her mind raced when she found her heart believing him.