Dead Man's Chest (Cont. 4)

~  In most shots of Pelegostos island, the background scenery has been digitally altered. Some overview shots are completely computer generated.

~ The bone cages on Cannibal Island were made of Styrofoam or steel depending on the scene.

~ The two sailors quarreling over Jack's hat on the boat which is then sunk by the Kraken are from Cyprus. The sailor on the left is Turkish-Cypriot while the other on the right is Greek-Cypriot and speaks the Greek-Cypriot dialect.

~ The pirate musical "band" that was playing in the inn at Tortuga are also from the ride. Notice the one playing the accordion.

~ Throughout the movie, many references are made to the first PotC movie. These include the following: Cutler Beckett is corrected by Elizabeth and Will when he fails to refer to Jack Sparrow as "Captain" (Jack insisted on being called "Captain Jack Sparrow" in the first movie); Governor Swann breaks off an arm of a candlestick inside the dungeon (the same happened to Will in the Governor's house in the first movie); Governor Swann asks where the "dog with the keys" is; the dog is still holding the keys in the rowboat; Jack asks, "Why is the rum always gone?" (he asked Elizabeth the same twice in the first movie); Will gets slapped by a lady in Tortuga (Jack's being slapped by ladies he once mistreated was a running joke in the first film); Jack says "Hide the rum" when Elizabeth arrives (Elizabeth burned his rum in the first movie); a running gag plays on the fact that Jack the monkey is immortal (he stole one of the Cortez coins in the post-credits scene at the end of the first film).

~ The Edinburgh Trader is the HMS Bounty from the movie, Mutiny on the Bounty(1962), which later sank during Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

~ This movie held the box office record for the highest opening weekend with $135,634,554 earned. The former record holder was Spider-Man 2 (2004). The record was then broken by Spider-Man 3 (2007).

~ The Kraken was difficult to animate as it had no real-life reference, until animation director instructed the crew to watch Godzilla, which had a real octopus crawling over miniatures.

~  Naomie Harris was filming this film together with another movie, Miami Vice. All of her scenes as Tia Dalma were filmed at Bahamas during the weekends.

~ In June 2006, the "Flying Dutchman" set ship was towed to Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line's private island, where it was displayed in promotion release of the movies. (Did anybody get a chance to go there?)