The Curse of the Black Pearl (Cont. 7)

The Wilhelm scream was heard during the battle on the Dauntless between the Royal Navy and Barbossa's crew. (If you do not know what it sounds like, just search it up on youtube.)

~  Jimmy Buffett was offered a role as a pirate but had to decline due to previous engagements.

The words "pirate" and "piracy" are said 56 times.

In Italian the title is "The Curse of the First Moon", without "Pirates of the Caribbean" at the beginning.

Alan Silvestri was first suggested to provide the score but has been replaced by Klaus Badelt. However, some movie posters still show the credit "Music by Alan Silvestri". These posters also show a different story credit, omitting the fourth story writer Jay Wolpert: "Screen Story by Stuart Beattie and Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio".

~  
Tom Wilkinson was briefly considered for the role of Governor Swann.

Voted number 4 in Channel 4's (UK) "Greatest Family Films".

The only film in the franchise, which there are no company credits at the beginning of the film.

The British Navy would not have promoted a man to "commodore" as a rank. Commodore was a distinction held as a temporary post when a post-captain commanded more than one ship at a time and was given the privilege of wearing a vice-admiral's coat only for the duration of the commission. After the mission set out by the Admiralty was completed the rank reverted to post-captain.

The medal hanging from Norrington's neck early in the film identifies him as a Knight Commander in the Most Honourable Order of the Bath. (Did anyone else laugh at this? Or was it just me?)

Filming was supposed to begin in June 2002 but was delayed until October 2002.