At World's End (Cont. 7)

So, this is the last part of the "At World's End" section. This has twelve fact snippets, rather than the usual ten. The next part that I will upload will be about "On Stranger Tides".

I hope all of you readers enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~  Captain Jack Sparrow doesn't appear until 33 minutes into the film.

~ Prior to dissolving into a swarm of crabs, Calypso shouts a French incantation which in the script reads: "Malfaiteur en Tombeau, Crochir l'Esplanade, Dans l'Fond d'l'eau!". This roughly means "Across all the waters, find the path to he who wrongfully entombed me", evidently referring to Davy Jones.

~ The pieces of eight, as seen in the film, are: Ragetti's wooden eye (Barbossa), a miniature wine cup (Ammand the Corsair), a jack of spades playing card (Capitaine Chevalle), a cork in a broken rum bottle (Captain Vallenueva), a pair of glasses (Mistress Ching), a pair of tobacco shears (Gentleman Jocard), a tusk fragment (Sri Sumbhajee), a pendent (Sao Feng, later Elizabeth Swann), and an old coin from Siam (Capt. Jack Sparrow).

~ The character, Tai Huang, the leader of Captain Sao Feng's crew was played by actor Reggie Lee. Lee was earlier seen as "Headless", the cone-shell headed member of Davy Jones' crew in D.M.C. - best remembered as the pirate/creature whose head is knocked off by a coconut thrown by Capt. Jack Sparrow, after which the decapitated head tries to direct its body around by telling it which way to look. Headless makes a short appearance in Pirates of the Caribbean: A.W.E. during the Maelstrom battle scene; Jack shoots the chest out of Davy Jones' hand. The chest then falls on Headless's head, and he stumbles backwards and falls overboard. This places both of Reggie Lee's characters on two different ships that are both present at the final battle.

~ The Jolly Roger Jack flies from his dinghy at the end of the film is a variation on the one flown by historical pirate Henry Every.

~After the end credits, there is a bonus scene where Elizabeth Swann and her now ten-year-old son watch the sunset together. They witness a Green Flash.

~All of the men that Elizabeth kisses die: William Turner; Captain Jack Sparrow; James Norrington; Sao Feng and Weatherby Swann, if you can count him. (Maybe, just maybe, they will haunt her for the rest of her life.)

~ At the end of the film, Barbossa suggests to his crew that they go looking for the Fountain of Youth, but is prevented from doing so, since the relevant portion of the map has been stolen. Next, we see Jack in his dinghy, turning the rings of the map to form a chalice and the (assumed) location of the Fountain of Youth marked by an X. Judging from its position on the map (and remembering the relative inaccuracy of the mapping techniques of the day), the X lies over the Everglades, roughly 30 miles southwest of Lake Okeechobee. (So it is in Florida, and since when has Florida had any ravines with towering waterfalls?)

~ At the end of the film, many characters end up the same way they were at the beginning of the first film. Jack is in a dingy, Will and Elizabeth are not together, Gibbs is sleeping on the ground and Barbossa is the captain of the Black Pearl with Pintel and Ragetti as part of his crew.

~ A "piece of eight" is a silver coin used as currency in 18th century Spain. In the film, the "piece of eight" is a relic that identifies a captain as one of the nine Pirate Lord of the Brethren Court.

~At the end of the film when Jack looks at the navigational charts, he reads about "Aqua de Vida" and "Ponce de Leon". These leads are picked up on in the main story line in the fourth film, On Stranger Tides.

~ When Elizabeth Swan is named by Tai Huang ( and Sao Feng's crew as their captain after being asked by Davy Jones aboard the Dutchman, the "Singaporean" crew speaks Mandarin (Chinese). When Norrington breaks Elizabeth and her/Sao Feng's crew out of the brig, Tai Huang speaks Mandarin to the crew when Elizabeth nods for them to leave.