At World's End (Cont. 5)

~ Tia Dalma says poor unfortunate souls; Ursula the sea witch sang the same thing in another Disney film, The Little Mermaid (1989). The flotsam and jetsam at Shipwreck City may also be an in-joke to Ursula's minions too.

~ In the novelization, by the time of this film, Elizabeth now considers herself a pirate.

~ In the novelization, Elizabeth felt terribly guilty about leaving Jack to die at the hands of the Kraken at the end of the last film. But she sensed he was proud of her pirate-like behavior. (OH, REALLY...)

~ Governor Swann doesn't die in the novelization like he does in the film, nor does Norrington, and Jack's father doesn't appear either.

~ In the novelization, Elizabeth doesn't know if Will is any different from Pirates and doesn't know if she can trust him anymore. She also lost some respect for Norrington when he handed the heart of Davy Jones to Lord Cutler Beckett to regain his standing in the Navy, but he never stopped loving Elizabeth in spite of her love for the pirate's life.

~ According to the novelization, the Flying Dutchman is the fastest ship on the ocean.

~ The novelization mentions the pirate executions but doesn't depict them like the film does.

~ In the novelization, Jack's final appearance is during the sandbar scene. In fact, the ending in the book is drastically different from the film; the book ends just as they're about to go into combat with the East India Trading Company, so the audience doesn't see Barbossa marry Will and Elizabeth in battle, the death of Lord Cutler Beckett and Davy Jones or the search for the fountain of youth, which forms the plot line for On Stranger Tides. The last line of the book is Elizabeth calling them the Pirates of the Caribbean. (The novelization is a far cry from the actual movie.)

~ When Calypso is unleashed in the novelization, there are no crabs everywhere like in the film.

~ In the novelization, there is no mention of the multiple Jacks trying to run the Black Pearl in Davy Jones' Locker. (Sad, I love that scene.)