The Curse of the Black Pearl (Cont. 5)

~  Keira Knightley's hair was extended because it was still short from her previous roles.

~ Captain Jack Sparrow's pirate flag is actually 2 pirate flags combined to be a unique flag especially for him. The skull is from "Calico" Jack Rackham's flag, and the crossbones is a general item from several different flags, often referring to death.

~When the screenwriters, originally pitched the movie to the Disney executives in the early '90s, it was rejected.

~ Before the film was made, The Walt Disney  Company considered making this a direct-to-video film, with Cary Elwes, Rik Mayall, and Christopher Walken being the top three choices for the role of Captain Jack Sparrow.

~ In an early version of the script, according to the DVD commentary, Norrington was to ask Elizabeth to marry him and she says no. Enraged by this Norrington was going to join Barbossa and the two of them were going to try to take over the Caribbean. However, this script was turned down.

~The studio was interested in Matthew McConaughey as Sparrow because of his resemblance to Burt Lancaster, who had inspired the original script's interpretation of the character.

~ Many of the crew got seasick while filming. (I am sure everyone needed to know that.) 

~ The word "parley" is said a total of fifteen times.

~ The "Fort" in Port Royal is actually not on St. Vincent's, but at a closed down amusement park (Marineland) in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. 

~ On August 10, 2002, a fire started on the soundstage where the movie was shot. Nobody was hurt and the damage was estimated to be $350,000.