Dead Men Tell No Tales (Facts)

I'll be posting five facts each week instead of the normal ten, since, there is so little I can actually find. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The joke Capt. Jack Sparrow's uncle tells Jack is the same joke Al Pacino told Johnny Depp during production of Donnie Brasco: "A skeleton walks into a bar, orders a mop and a beer... " (This joke took a surprisingly long time for me to understand.)

-  The severed heads in the guillotine basket are of the film directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg.

- The film was being produced as Johnny Depp was going through a bitter divorce from his wife Amber Heard. He was chronically late to the set, to the point where it ate into the schedule as the set often came to a halt for hours at a time. It got to the point where a production assistant was hired just to wait outside Depp's house and announce that he was awake when they saw the lights inside come on.

- At two hours and nine minutes long, this has been the shortest running time of all the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films.

- After failing to return for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011), Disney reached back out to Martin Klebba (Marty), Lee Arenberg (Pintel) and Mackenzie Crook (Raghetti) to return for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017). Only Klebba was able to make it work within his schedule. (I really just wish that Pintel and Raghetti were able to return. They were basically the parallels of the other 'idiot pair' Murtogg and Mullroy, the redcoats from the first film.)