Not so Clear Fate

The whole conference room was in chaos. Laverne had just told them that he had no intentions of getting back together with Evan and, most importantly, he would never give a song to Cara. Evan was the least of his concern, he was so mad at Gilbert and Cara that his anger was focused on them.

            Laverne had revealed to the press every cruel thing that Cara had done to him. From Cara’s outburst after losing in the competition five years ago, to Cara paying some men to assault him and then incapacitate his hands. He said that those were the reasons why he would never let such a woman sing any of his songs, and that if Gilbert insists on it, he would resign immediately.

            Initially, Laverne had no plans on revealing what Cara did to him in the past, he merely planned to announce that he decided to make some revisions on his music and that Cara’s style doesn’t really match with the song. He planned to do things peacefully, but after Cara and Gilbert recorded his song behind his back, things changed. He became furious beyond anyone’s control.

            The whole time, Laverne acted very innocent and very vulnerable. To everyone’s eyes, he was the victim of a very cruel person. But on his head, Laverne was thinking of ending Cara’s career once and for all. All of the reporters were so absorbed in his innocent expression that they failed to notice the certain gleam of menace in Laverne’s eyes.

            Everything ended with the reporters having even more questions. Laverne was still burning in anger when he walked back in the waiting room. Keith was sitting there, waiting for him patiently. It was only then that Laverne’s heart finally calmed down.

            Keith stood up, without saying anything. Slowly, with a very worried expression, he walked towards Laverne. Allan and Melanie were still in the room, but it seemed that Keith didn’t care at all. He embraced Laverne tightly. “I didn’t know…” He said in a shaky and worried tone. “I never knew what you’ve been thru. I never knew what that woman did to you…”

            Ahh… He must be really worried, after hearing that Cara sent men to assault and hurt me… Laverne thought. “I’m fine now…” Laverne replied gently and reassuringly. “Because you are here with me.” It had been so long since Laverne acted innocent in front of such huge crowd, that’s why his heart couldn’t stop pounding.

            “Are you alright?” Keith asked as he slowly moved away. “Your heart is pounding…” He sounded very concern.

            “I was just nervous, that’s all.” Laverne replied. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

            “So, what are you planning to do next?” Keith asked as he put his arm around Laverne’s shoulder and lead him to sit down on the couch.

            Melanie and Allan were both quietly observing them, and that actually made Laverne nervous. He had a feeling that those two already have everything figured out. “I’m going to wait.” Laverne replied to Keith. “I’m sure Cara and Gilbert would not sit quietly without doing anything, so I’m going to wait for their move first. But don’t worry, I could pretty much guess what they’re going to do, and I already have something planned for them.”

            “Just be careful, be safe….” Keith added.

            “I’m not saying that I am against what you did, but don’t you think it’s a little bit too much?” Allan asked. “People might think that you still resent Cara and that you’re trying to destroy her career because of something personal.” Allan said worriedly as he stood up.