Not so Lovely Visits

“It’s not exactly bad news, but it is somewhat very alarming.” Amanda replied.

            Laverne was really worried. Not even a day had passed since he and Keith got back together, and yet something ominous was about to happen. “Just tell me.” He said worriedly.

            “Ever since I saw the news and little Fred here-” Amanda looked at her lower right side. “-told me that it was the same Keith from five years ago, I started to have lucid dreams… visions. It was a dream of Keith, dying in your arms.”

            After Amanda said those words, Laverne’s heart stopped and sunk.  “No… You’re mistaken…” Laverne said as his hands shook and his mind swirls. “You’re telling me that you saw a premonition of Keith dying… Are you kidding me?” Laverne asked sarcastically.

            “It’s not exactly a premonition, but you could also call it a vision of the past.” Amanda continued.

            “What?” Laverne was getting more confused. What Amanda was saying made no sense at all. “What are you saying? You’re making me more confused.”

            “Do you remember what my grandmother told Keith five years ago? That the answer lies in Keith’s past and your future? Those words made no sense before, but after having those visions about you and Keith, I finally understood what she meant.”

            “And just what exactly does that mean. Just tell me already.” Laverne was staring to run of patience.

            “To put it simply, the ghost you were with five years ago was the ghost of the Keith today, or in the near future. Keith would die, but because of the miracle of the pendant, his ghost would travel through time to meet you in the past, to change every thing.” Amanda said. “In my dreams, you and Keith were always fighting, and your feelings never connected, until a fateful day that killed Keith and regrets flooded both of your hearts. That’s when the pendant first appeared and granted both of your wish of a second chance.”

            “So you’re saying that the pendant granted us second chance by sending Keith’s ghost five years in the past. His ghost travelled through time to change everything.” Laverne repeated. But still he was still very confused. “So they are the same…” Laverne said in a bittersweet smile. “And the reason why he couldn’t remember anything from before was because for him it didn’t happen yet…”

             “And to fully change your fates, your feelings must connect.” Amanda added.

            “Our feelings already connected.” Laverne said nervously. “So our fates should have changed already, Keith won’t have to die. But…” He knew that something was wrong, he knew that their fates still haven’t changed.

            “The pendant hadn’t lit up for the third time yet.” Amanda said sadly. “First means the start, the second would signal miracles, and the third would mean that your fates have changed. But it still the pendant hadn’t lit up for the third time meaning that your fates is still yet to be changed.” Laverne’s heart sunk after hearing that. “A fate that involves death is hard to change…”

            “You say it’s hard to change, meaning it can be change and it would be changed.” Laverne said with a grin. “You see, I’m not someone who’s just going to sit around and let something bothersome like fate dictates what would happen in my life. That fate would change, I assure you.” Laverne said confidently.

            “It’s good that you have such optimistic attitude.” Amanda said with a smile. “If you need anything, just call me.” Amanda then gave him her calling card. “I would be more than happy to help you, for free.” She said with a smile. “But remember, death is a very strong force to fight, and a strong heart is needed to fight against it.” Amanda warned.