Not so Easy to Speak

Laverne couldn’t believe what Keith had just said. He was shocked but he couldn’t help but feel happy about it. He was really afraid when those men were trying to harass him. He was so scared because he couldn’t do anything. But that terror was wiped away when he finally hugged Keith.

            He couldn’t understand how it happened, and it wasn’t important to Laverne anymore. He could touch Keith, he could hold him, and finally he could feel him. Laverne was just so happy that the two of them could finally feel each other. That moment was simply magnificent.

            Love. That might be what he was feeling for Keith all along. That’s must be why he wanted to touch and feel Keith so badly, why he was always so comforted and happy whenever Keith was around, why his heart would skip a beat because Keith’s smile, and why he wanted Keith to stay with him instead. But Laverne was very afraid, because at that moment, he still had feelings for Evan.

            Laverne felt like a total jerk. He was still in love with Evan, but he was deeply falling for Keith. But, he had made his choice. Between a man who lied and cheated on him and a sincere and kind man who could disappear any moment, the choice was clear for Laverne.

            Suddenly, Laverne felt the pain from the assault come back to him. It felt like his stomach was being squeezed from within. If Keith wasn’t holding him tight, then he would have already fallen on the floor.

            “Lav!” Keith sounded very worried. “I’ll bring you in your room, hang in there.” Keith said and then carried Lav gently. Keith brought him to his room and placed him gently on his bed. “You should rest.” Keith said with a gentle smile. “I know that you were afraid, but you shouldn’t think about it anymore. I’ll protect you.”

            The weird thing was Laverne wasn’t afraid anymore. The moment that he touched Keith and felt him, all those negative feelings were washed away. When Laverne looked comfortable on the bed, Keith stood up and walked towards the door.

            “Where are you going?” Laverne asked. He wanted Keith to stay, like always. If was there then he would feel safer and more at ease. Laverne felt sleepless and very paranoid, after what happened, and only Keith’s presence could ease that feeling.

            “I think, I’ll just wait for you to wake up outside. I can touch and feel you right now, that’s why…” Keith blushed and he looked very nervous. Laverne wondered what’s going on, but he didn’t bother asking Keith.

            “Stay here, like you always do. I’ll be able to sleep peacefully, then.” Laverne said with a little smile. He was too embarrassed to even say it, but he was afraid to be left alone that night. No matter how much he tried to calm himself down he ended up simply failing. But whenever Keith was by his side, he would immediately feel safer and calmer.

            “I understand.” Keith said hesitantly as he sat on the couch across the room.

            “You’re too far away, come closer. Stay beside my bed.” Laverne said innocently. The closer Keith was, the calmer Laverne felt.

            Keith took the chair by the coffee table and placed it beside Laverne’s bed. “Is this close enough?” He asked with a smile.

            “Yes, that’s better.” Laverne couldn’t say it honestly, but he was still scared. He was frightened that those men might come back, and having Keith as near as possible was the only way for him to calm down. But, something else was still missing, he wanted to hold Keith. “Keith, about what you said before…”