Not so Sweet Encounters

“Stepbrother?” Laverne muttered confusedly. He was so confused that he had no idea what really was going on. The man in front of him, the man that looked and sounded exactly like Keith, the man that name was also Keith, was his brother. His mind exploded with that thought.

            “I’ll leave the two of you to talk.” His mother said and then left the room.

            Laverne stayed frozen on his feet. He didn’t know what to do at all. He had no clue what to say or even think. He felt his energy leaving his body and his heart became faster and faster.

            “Let me make this clear.” His new brother, Keith, said. “I’m not your brother. I would never accept that fact that we are brothers.” He said shortly but very seriously.

            Somehow Laverne became hurt with what he said. That man may be like Keith from the outside, but he was very different. The Keith that Laverne knew was a sweet, kind, and very thoughtful man. The Keith that he loves would never speak like that to him. He’s not my Keith. Laverne thought disappointedly.

            “Don’t worry about that. I feel exactly the same.” Laverne suddenly said in a very mad tone. Once again he had lost his control. Hearing the new Keith speak like that just snapped something inside him. “Why do think I refused to live in this place? Because I don’t want to be with any of you! I don’t care about this new family, and I don’t care about you. So don’t appear in front of me again.” Laverne said angrily and then walked out without even letting Keith speak again.

            Laverne had no idea who that man really was, but he was sure that it wasn’t his Keith from the past. There was no way that it was Keith. Keith died years ago and he had already passed on, so there was no way that he would be his new brother then. But even though he knew all that, somehow, deep inside of him, he was still hoping that it was the same Keith, and that Keith would find to love him again.

            Laverne was hurt that it seemed that his brother Keith hated him. He knew that it was not the same Keith all too well, but still he was greatly hurt. He went back to his room and as soon as he closed the door, tears started to fall from his eyes. He felt like his heart was embraced with thorny vines and it was really painful. His head ached so badly that he went to his bed and lied there, crying silently.

            How can his stepbrother and his Keith be so alike and yet so different? Why did he have to be brothers with someone so similar to his Keith? Laverne finds it really odd, fascinating, frustrating that his brother Keith shared the same name, voice, and face with his Keith. Why does it all have to happen to him?

            It was already hard enough for him to move on. He was already so hanged up on his love for Keith.  He was already so messed up after losing his Keith. Then someone so similar had to come and make him remember all those pain.

            Deep inside of him, Laverne just couldn’t believe that his brother and his Keith are completely different. Somehow there was something inside of him that by a miraculous twist of fate, his brother and his Keith was the same person.

            Laverne missed breakfast and stayed on his room. He was feeling really bad. He wanted to go back to his place but he was really feeling terrible that he couldn’t even move. All the pain the he felt after losing Keith just kept on coming back.

            Natalie Bloom Pollard married David Pollard just after a few months of dating. Laverne could see how much they love each other during lunch, where everyone in the family was present.  But their happiness doesn’t change the fact that they kept everything from him until they were married, and it doesn’t made Laverne feel any better. He was still pretty mad at both them.