Not so Cruel After All

"No matter how much you turn that knob, the results would still be the same." Laverne said as he sat patiently on one corner. "Why don't you just relax and wait for help. I'm sure they would notice that you've been gone for too long. Why did you even follow me here? I was handling things on my own."

            It was the perfect opportunity for Laverne to hold Keith and to confirm his suspicion once and for all. But Keith refused to come closer to him. "You were making a ruckus and disturbed our work. Even though I told you not to mess my things up, you still went all the way and made this mess. Well done." Keith sounded pretty mad.

             "And you just have to come here yourself." Laverne said sarcastically. "You know you don't have to come here personally to check up on me. But I appreciate that you're worried about me."

            "Who says that I was worried about you?" Keith sounded defensive and irritated. "I don't care what you do, but I don't want you messing around with my work. So I went here personally to make sure that you behave yourself. I know pretty well how you could make everyone do what you want with that face of yours. I heard it from your mother."

            "So you were worried that I was up to something and that I would easily get away from it using my innocent face." Laverne was disappointed. He really thought that finally, Keith was showing some concern about him, but he was wrong once again. "Just tell me, why do you hate me so much?"

            Keith looked a bit surprised with Laverne's serious question. "I don't particularly hate you." Keith turned away when he answered so Laverne couldn't see his expression at all, but his voice sounded low and a bit hesitant. "I just can't stand being in the same place as you. I can't handle it knowing that you are just nearby."

            "How is that different from hating me?" Laverne was really hurt to know that Keith couldn't even stand being in the same room as he is. He sounded very sad and he could feel his heart being squeezed really hard. "But we can't do anything now, we're stuck here together." Laverne said and then he looked away from Keith.

            The filming staffs finally found them. But they couldn't open the door as well. They told them to stay put as they bust the door open. Staying there like that was really difficult for Laverne. Keith was so near and yet he couldn't even touch him.

            "Should I just move out? Just say it and I would never appear in front of you ever again. You could have your happy family all by yourself, and you could be at peace." Laverne said as he stood up.

            "What's this now? Are you trying to make me sympathize with you? I'm telling you, your acts won't work on me at all." Keith said seriously.

            "I can't believe I was crazy enough to think that you're the same as he is." Laverne whispered bitterly. He was really hurt by Keith's words. He wanted to get things over it. One touch from Keith and he was sure that all his ideas would go away. He was quite sure that after holding his stepbrother he would realize that he was not his Keith.

            "What are you doing?" Keith asked nervously as Laverne walked closer to him. "What the hell are you trying to do?!" Keith asked angrily as Laverne stepped really close to him.

 They were just inches away from each other when Laverne finally reached for Keith's hand. "I just want to make sure of something. After this, I would disappear from your life forever." Keith moved his hand away after hearing what Laverne said. He hid his hands on his back and refused to be held by Laverne. "Just let me get this over with. Don't you want me to disappear from your life?" Laverne said desperately in a sad tone.