Not so Usual Solutions

“What do you mean, leave it to you? Just what are you planning to do now?” Laverne’s mom sounded Very worried. She knows Laverne very much and Laverne could understand why she was worried.

            “You’ll see it soon.” Laverne said seriously before walking away. He was pretty angry, not with Keith, but with Jessica and himself. He was irritated at himself for giving Keith and Jessica another date, but he was even angrier at Jessica for making such lie.

            She made everyone think that Keith had an intimate relationship with her and Laverne couldn’t stand that idea. He hates the idea of someone being closer to Keith than he is. He was about to enter the room when Keith called his name. “There’s really nothing between the two of us.” He explained again.

            “You don’t have to explain anything to me.” Laverne said in a cold tone. He didn’t want to be distant, but he was feeling very bitter that moment that he couldn’t control his tone.

            He walked inside and his room and, to his surprise, Keith followed. “Laverne… Are you angry?” Keith asked, sounding very worried.

            “Angry? Me? At whom?” Laverne replied shortly. “I’m not angry at all.”

            “Then why do you sound like you’re angry? Are you possibly angry at me?” Keith asked. “Is it because of Jessica said?” Laverne became nervous. Keith was spot on. Laverne was feeling really irritated because of what Jessica said.

            “Why would I even be angry about that? Whether you are in a relationship with her or not, I don’t have the right to be angry about it at all. I am brother, and I should be happy for you, shouldn’t I?” Laverne said it so bitterly that it showed through his tone and expression.

            “Are you really happy? Is it really okay for you that I get into a relationship with Jessica, or anyone else at that?” Keith suddenly asked. That was a very dangerous question and Laverne knew that he should be careful in answering.

            “You can have a relationship with anyone you like, who am I to even stop you? I am just…” Laverne said bitterly.

        “Stop brooding and stop saying that you have no right to get angry because we are stepbrothers. If you’re not really angry, then why do you sound so sad? Why did you even say that you’ll help me deal with this issue?” Keith said sternly.

            “Because you said you want to clear the misunderstanding, but you can’t really do that with your current situation, because you’ll only look bad if say anything.” Laverne said defensively. His heart was beating so fast. Keith could easily through him and he was worried that his true feelings and intentions might show. He wanted to clear everything because he wanted Keith all to himself.

              Laverne was sitting on the edge of his bed, thinking, plotting. He was very angry at Jessica and he would never forgive her. It was like Evan and Cara all over again. But Laverne would never let go of Keith, no matter what. He had suffered a lot and waited so long to be with Keith again, and there’s no way that he would let a witch get in their way.

               “You don’t have to do anything.” Keith said decisively.

               Laverne felt gloomy. He was thinking that Keith didn’t want to clear the misunderstanding at all. He was thinking that Keith might really have feelings for Jessica, after all he enjoyed their date. “Why, don’t you want too clear the misunderstanding? You’re okay with people thinking that Jessica is you lover, why, do you like her? If you don’t want me to do anything because of that, just say so, and I’ll stand back.” Laverne said. He was really hurt saying those things.