14) 25 Weeks Pregnant, Let's Think of Names for Bean

Start from the beginning

‘Well the latest I can let you stay at school ‘til is thirty-six weeks,’ Lynda confirmed as she checked a planner which was resting on her lap. ‘Have you decided what will happen when you go back to school, like where the baby will go?’

‘Erm...’ I started slowly. ‘Jackson’s mum said she could look after him a few days and my mum probably can look after him. I haven’t decided anything for definite though,’ I concluded as I placed my hands on my belly. It’s huge now, everyone can notice and it’s beginning to get a little embarrassing. When I’m walking through the shops people are always staring at me.

‘Well we’ll have to plan that probably on another meeting when your mother is with you,’ Lynda notified as she made some notes on her paper. ‘Okay, if you have no more questions than that is it for now.’

‘Okay, thanks a lot,’ I beamed as I walked to the door. ‘See you soon,’ I smiled as I opened the door. Lynda said bye as I left.

I sat on the other side of the table booth to Jackson. We were on an unreal date. ‘Okay, order whatever you like; it’s on me,’ Jackson babbled as he handed me a menu. I scanned my eyes over the menu trying to find something which I fancied. A waiter came over to our table to take our orders.

‘Have you chosen what you’d like?’ the waiter asked as he pulled out his notebook. The waiter slouched back onto one leg, he was chewing gum, it wasn’t that obvious though. Jackson turned to me, I nodded then pointed to my meal so Jackson could read it all out.

‘Can we have a gammon roast dinner and a medium-rare steak?’ Jackson spoke as he looked at the menu.

‘And drinks?’

‘Two cokes,’ Jackson ordered as he put the menu down so the waiter could take them away.

‘Okay, I’ll be back with your drinks shortly and your meals will arrive once they’re done,’ the waiter finished. He scooped the menus up then left the table leaving Jackson and I sat there.

            ‘...So, if I’m still there for you and Bean we can get back together?’ Jackson asked as he ate some of his steak.

‘Why do you have to keep questioning me?’ I asked as I tried to cut my meat professionally but I was failing miserably. ‘Jackson, what happens will happen okay. Now let’s speak about something else, like what will we call Bean?’

‘I quite like the name Rubin,’ Jackson put in as he ate a chip. I nodded, that name’s not too bad. ‘Or Cameron?’

‘What about Coley? Coley Rubin?’ I asked putting in a second and first names.

‘That’s a nice name, maybe Patrick or George though. Or we could use my dad’s name?’ Jackson asked. I shook my head urgently.

‘Your dad hasn’t even been here for us, I don’t think I want my son to have his name,’ I protested as I drunk my cola.

‘But Isabella, he’s my dad?’ Jackson said questioningly.

‘And, I have a dad as well. I’m not saying lets call our baby Carlos am I?’ I questioned, I hated the sound of my dad’s name, I can’t even class him as my dad. I hate the sound of Carlos’ name, I’m so glad he moved back to Spain once my mum got pregnant with me. I was lucky enough to not have to spend a minute with the man. Carlos Aritza left my mother; he didn’t even spare a thought.

‘You’re right, sorry,’ Jackson apologised. Why is he apologising? ‘So far the best name is Coley Rubin, you chose Coley and I chose Rubin.’

‘Coley Rubin Jenkins, I like it,’ I smiled, Jackson smiled also.

‘What about Coley Rubin Jenkins-Dean?’

‘Would it be Jenkins-Dean or Dean-Jenkins?’ I asked.

‘Jenkins-Dean, it sounds more flowing,’ Jackson insisted.

‘Our baby, Coley Rubin Jenkins-Dean,’ I said, a beaming smile spread on my face.

            I was now eating desert, a chocolate cake. Jackson and I was still discussing baby things, now we’d moved onto when the baby was staying round Jackson’s house. ‘Whilst I’m still living at home, Coley,’ I smiled as Jackson used his name. ‘Can stay round mine every second weekend if you like?’ Jackson asked me. I nodded.

‘But not right away, if we wait until he’s about two months old or something around there,’ I decided, I don’t want my baby to be leaving me as soon as he’s born.

‘Okay, but I should be buying a new house when I start University. I might either rent a flat or stay at the dorms. If I stay at the dorm, Coley won’t be able to stay with me though,’ Jackson told me. I nodded but frowned a little. ‘I’ll try to buy a flat but for now I’m just staying at home.’

‘You haven’t planned this out at all have you? I mean you’re starting Uni in about three weeks and you don’t even know where you’re staying?’ I moaned as I ate some more of my desert.

‘I’ll sort it,’ Jackson smirked as he stole some of my cake; he’d already managed to finish his ice-cream sundae. I watched him with glaring eyes as she spooned the cake into his mouth, giving me a smirk whilst he did it.

----------

 Sorry it took so long to upload, had a bit of trouble getting this up. Hope you enjoyed it:) Also, what do you think of the name?

-T xox