7)16 Weeks Pregnant, Get Rid of the Baby!

7) 16 Weeks Pregnant, Get Rid of the Baby!

‘Can you hear it?’ my midwife, Lynda, questioned as she looked at some machine. Today’s the first day I get to hear the baby’s heartbeat, I’m so flipping excited! I nodded my head with a brave smile.

‘It’s a little fast isn’t it?’ I questioned as I watched the midwife.

‘It will be at this stage of the pregnancy, don’t worry though. It will slow down further into the pregnancy,’ Lynda explained to me. The heartbeat sounded like horses hooves clicking on pavement really fast, or a train running down a track.

‘This is brilliant, thank you,’ I praised as I smiled at the sound, and then it stopped.

‘The baby’s moved, it heartbeat is now beating in a different place,’ Lynda told me with a frown. I couldn’t stop smiling; I didn’t even mind that I could no longer hear the beating.

I’d gotten to school and told the main desk I was there, now I’m sat in lesson beside my friend Katelyn. ‘Where were you this morning?’ Katelyn asked as she smiled at me.

‘I was at the doctors again,’ I admitted truthfully with a soft smile.

‘You’ve been going there quite often recently haven’t you?’ Kate asked, I nodded, I wasn’t particularly bothered about people knowing where I was, I’m more bothered about them finding out why I was there. ‘Pregnant are we?’ Katelyn questioned seriously. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

‘How did you find out?’ I asked, my voice filled with panic. Then I realised Katelyn was smiling but it faded as quickly as it appeared.

‘I was joking, but this is some news,’ Katelyn beamed. ‘How long?’

‘Sixteen weeks,’ I mumbled, why did I do that?

‘You’re not showing,’ Katelyn told me, which was nice to here. When I wear tight fitting clothes you can definitely tell something is going on down there. ‘So Jackson’s the dad?’

‘Why do people keep asking me that? I’m not some whore who sleeps with everyone,’ I said defencelessly. ‘No I think my baby’s dad is that guy I slept with sixteen weeks ago, or maybe the one I slept with the day before him,’ I mocked as I looked around as if I was deep in thought.

‘Okay, enough with the sarcasm Miss mother-to-be,’ Katelyn smirked at my new “nickname”. ‘Who else knows?’ Katelyn questioned, I’m surprised we haven’t been shouted at for speaking. This lesson is pretty laid back to be honest, our teachers a bit rubbish in this lesson. I’ll probably fail my exam which I have in about two weeks.

‘Louisa, Jackson and Luca,’ I answered simply. ‘And the school.’

‘Why did you not tell me then? I feel unloved,’ Katelyn whined as she poked me.

‘Because I wasn’t planning on telling anyone,’ I admitted truthfully. ‘Well now you know you need to promise not to tell anyone,’ I instructed strictly. Katelyn nodded her head with a smile before saluting me.

‘Scouts honour,’ she joked as she decided to do some proper work.

            Zoe, Leah and I were getting into a conversation on the lunch table. ‘Well my mum’s planning on taking me to Austria with her when she goes with work,’ Leah told us as she ate a bag of crisps.

‘In the six week holiday I’m going to stay with my dad in New Zealand, his girlfriends having their first baby in about a month,’ Zoe explained, I noticed Katelyn looking at me as Zoe mentioned the baby part.