Chapter 26: Day Three Part 1

Harry's POV

Sunlight hit my face as I feel small beeds of sweat run down my forehead. My eyes open but immediately shut, adapting to the bright light.

I feel the source of warmth, causing my sweat, laying next to me. Her arms are pressed softly to my chest. Her legs are intertwined with mine. I find her eyes closed and her lips slightly parted. Her hair is matted and flat to the pillow under her head.

I am urged to wake her up with a swift kiss, but I don't think I could interupt her peaceful sleep. She looks so angelic at this part of the day. Who am I kidding? She always looks this good.

I can't stop myself from admiring all of her features. Her long eyelashes that nearly touch her cheekbone as they are closed. The hazel eyes that are, currently, hidden under her eyelids. Her hair that falls just past her shoulders that are daily put into loose curled ringlets. The way her hand felt in mine; Lips felt against mine; How she was mine.

It makes me realize how much I would miss her if I was to leave. It breaks my heart to even imagine how I would be like without her.

I quietly roll out of bed, careful not to wake her, to replay thoughts that were running through my mind.

The ache in my heart from last time was too much to bare. So what did I do? How did I end it?

More. More girls. I tried over and over to replace Claire.. It never worked.

These last few weeks of being with her have made me realize how special she really is to me. I think I..

I might love her.

***

Claire's POV

As I begin to awaken, I find my hands grasping for something that is not there. I open my eyes and sit up. Sure enough, he's gone.

He must have gone downstairs to get some breakfast. I think to myself. I rub my eyes with balled up fists. My eyelids are still heavy with sleep, but I feel myself not being able to contain my excitement to see my curly haired, bright eyed, boy waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

I lift my feet off of the bed and place them on the floor beneath me. Slipping on a light cardigan to cover my shoulders, I head downstairs.

I walk up to Harry with his head in his hands. I can make out sniffles and quiet sobs. "Never again." He  mutters inbetween tears.

I run up to him and place my hands on both of his shoulders, beginning to rub. "Harry?" I ask, he simply shakes his head and slams his hand on the table. His eyes meet mine. They are bloodshot and not as bright as normal. My heart melts at the sight of him at this stage.

"Babe.. What's wrong?" I ask. He lowers his head and looks at the ground. I use my hand to tilt his head so that his eyes meet mine once again. He looks as if he is going to break down once again.

"I'm so sorry." He cries into my shoulder. I rub his back with one of my hands. I am so confused, I am not sure what to do.

"For what?" I ask, sympathetically.

"For before. All the girls. You deserve someone better than me." He states, turning around and walking to the couch before burrying his head into a pillow.

I'm not going to lie, the times that he "slept around" hurt. Horribly. But, since the time that he has returned to me, I am happy. Happier than I have ever been. I feel whole again. Not broken.

"Harry, the past is the past. Yes, it might've been rough then. But, we are passed that now. I am happy, Harry. Happy." I feel a big smile mark itself on my face.