Chapter 11: Telling her

-Claire's POV-

Here I am again thinking of my boyfriend, when I should be thinking about my best friend with cancer.

Technically it is about both of them, though. I am thinking about how lucky I am to have him with me. He's all I have at this point, I'm glad he came back.

The reason I am so touchy on the cancer subject is because of my mom. You see, about the time Harry left to go to the x-factor, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was all I had because my dad left me when I was about two years old.

It was a late diagnosis, so she had no chance. Chemo kept her alive for a while, but even life support didn't keep her alive.

She died two months after she was diagnosed. After, that I was left to live alone.

I pushed all of my friends away, and Harry was gone. Melanie was the only person that kept my spirits up. She was all I had, and now...

She might be gone.

I have to go see her.

**

-Melanie's POV-

I'm laying in, yet another, hospital bed. My surroundings consist of bright white lights, IVs, beeping heart rates, and tears. A lot of tears.

They are forming in my eyes right now. Each one falling with consistency.

My emotions are through the roof. I have so many. I am filled with anger. Anger at my cancer.

Everyone thought it was gone, but it came back. Poor Claire. I was her everything, and it's not looking good anymore. I hear her pained cries coming from outside of that dreaded door, that seems to stare back at me.

I hope I can make it, for myself, and for her.

With that, she walks into the room. I see her immidietly stare at me. Her blood-shot eyes tell me she has been crying all night long. I can't stand to see her like this. Yet, I bet she feels the same way about me.

***

-Claire's POV-

As I walk into her room, my eyes see Melanie at the worst I've ever seen her.

Her, normal, long flowing blonde locks are almost completely gone. Her, normal, bright blue eyes, are dulling to a dark grey color. Her body is covered with needles and tubes. She has a bucket next to her bed, in case she has to vomit from the Chemo.

She looks so fraile. So weak. So much like my mother did.

I can't stand to see her like this, I just feel like I'm going to break down and cry. I have to try and stay strong for her, though. She is the only one I completely trust at this point.

My eyes start to tear up, when I hear her voice.

"Don't. I can't cry, I have to be strong. Please just don't worry about me. I can't stand to see you like this." She says. Her voice is so different. She can barely talk. What is she saying though? She can't stand to see me like this?!

"You don't! I will worry about you, Melanie! You're my everything! And you can't stand to see ME like this?! How do you think I feel!?" I may have been a bit too harsh for her.

"I know.. I'm ugly. My hair is gone."

"Don't even say that, Melanie. You're gorgeous as always. Let's just get our minds off of this. I have some things to tell you."

She looked at me confused. "What's wrong, Claire Bear?" That was her nickname she gave me.

"Nothing is wrong. Except for seeing my best friend in a hospital bed! "

She rolled her eyes, "I thought we were off that subject!"

"Right.. Well...." She will hate me after she hears this. She knows how much he hurt me, and she hates him for that.

"Spit it out!"

"Harry's back."

**

A/N

Ooooh! Cliff hanger! Well, I'm going to try and update soon! Sorry, it was so short! Maybe tonight? But, once again thanks to my readers and VOTE VOTE VOTE!!