Chapter 13: The Secret is Out

-Zayn's POV-

I don't know why I am getting so upset about this. It has been a long time, anyway. But, this whole situation still pains me.

It hurts to know that this whole time, I haven't told anyone about this! Not even my boys!

Here, I am sitting in Harry's house looking at the wall. Why am I here?

Plain and Simple.

This was her old house. Melanie's old house. The only reason Harry purchased this flat was because I encouraged him.

The only reason I encouraged him was to be able to feel the memories everytime I came over.

The memories of Melanie.

**

-Harry's POV-

I don't understand what Zayn is doing in my flat, let alone, why he is crying.

All I could do was be there for him. He was always here for me.

That's when my suspicion crept up on me.

"Zayn? How do you know Melanie?" I couldn't hold it in anymore. I had to ask him.

**

-Melanie's POV-

I am about to tell Claire everything. I couldn't help but to feel guilty that I kept this from her all of this time, when she told me absolutely everything.

But, it was time to tell her. Especially if Harry was back.

If he was back, that meant the rest of the boys were back. Including him.

Might as well get this over with...

"It all started a couple of years ago." I started to tell the story of us to her confused face.

***

-Claire's POV-

I braced myself for what I was about to hear. What happened a few years ago?

How does she know Zayn?

"I didn't know you, yet. I lived with my mom and dad."

Alright? Sounds good so far!

"Well Claire, this is something you didn't know about me before, but.. My dad. He was very cruel."

I just stand there in complete shock. Why hasn't she told me this before!?

"You see, he was very abusive. Still is! He was a strong alcoholic. And.. He was the reason for my mom's death."

A tear escaped her eyes. Poor thing. She has been through so much.

"I'm so sorry, Mel" I say.

"Anyway, I was so infuriated by my dad, I ran off. I lived on the streets, alone for a while."

I can't believe I had no idea of this.

"Nights were cold, and long. But mostly, lonely. I lived off of what I could. But there was one night that changed my life forever."

Is this where Zayn comes in? We'll have to see.

***

-Zayn's POV-

After Louis told me that Claire ran off to the hospital for her friend I thought of one person.

Melanie.

It had to be her. She is the only one that would have the most reason to be in the hospital.

How do I know? I know everything there is to know about Melanie.