Chapter 4: Feelings

-Harry's POV-

"I love you."

Even though I know it was wrong to say it, I don't regret it.

Who cares if management will hate me? Who cares if my job is finished.

Claire means more to me than my life and management put together.

She doesn't do anything though, just stands in utter shock. Of Course, I want her to respond. But, she's not saying a word.

"Claire? I do. I really do love you."

At this point all of the tears have stopped.

The only emotion she is showing me is confusion.

"H- H- h- hoo-" She stutters.

"Say something." I plead.

"How can you love me still? It's been years, Harry." This hurt me to hear.

"Oh. I think I know where this is going. You moved on, haven't you? Who's the lucky guy?"

I feel my face burn with fury, but at the same time, I feel water in my eyes start to well up.

This is so embarrasing.

-Claire's POV-

I see him fall apart, after the words that forced their way out of my mouth.

I have not in any way moved on. I still think about the "old" Harry all of the time.

He hurt me a lot, though. The way it ended just wasn't fair to me. He left and we never spoke again.

Now, he says he loves me. After all of the girls I see him caught with in magazines and on the news?

How can he say that. He doesn't mean it. There's no way.

Should I be honest with him? Or should I make him hurt the way I did?

Yet, again. If he is telling the truth about loving me, he might have hurt just as bad as I did.

I decide to be honest, so I won't have any regrets in the future, so there is nothing that could be used against me.

"To be completely honest, Harry. I haven't moved on at all. I still think about you daily." I start, his eyes go wide.

"Some days, I think of the good things that we had. The fun. How much I cared for you, and how you were the greatest thing in my life.

"But then other days, I remember how you hurt me. I convinced you to try out for the x-factor. After you left to audition, I never heard from you again." I paused for a moment. He sighed.

"Like, you completely forgot about me. Like, I never meant anything to you." I finished.

I watched as a single tear fell from his eye. I have to say one more thing.

"But the funny thing is, Harry. You meant the world to me."