Aileen, Dancing with the Stars

I raced across the endless ocean of green grass in my backyard. The grass swayed as the summer breeze flowed through its thin bodies. The summer leaves swirled around my hair as I fell into a pile of light in the summer sun. The sun felt like the oven my mom would bake her sweet oatmeal cookies in. I softly closed my eyes and listened to the chirp of the crickets coming out as the sun set. The ray of the sun got cooler as night was setting upon the land. I opened my eyes and was greeted by the vast number of luminous stars in the sky. They all were saying hello to me in different shades of light. I tried reaching out to them to see if I could greet them back. I wished I had a light as bright as theirs. I closed my eyes again and snuggled into the soft grass. The cold of the dark didn't bother me as I fell into a deep slumber through the quiet summer night.

..............

Wake up.
Aileen. Please wake up.
Your not safe.

..............

I woke up groggily as I smelled roasted chicken coming from our fire pit. Mmmmmm. Breakfast already? I opened my eyes expecting my dad at the door with a plate of malsburry chicken. I sit up stretching while taking in the warmth of the sunlight of my room. But Wait....

I'm not home.

I looked around really fast and I realized where I was. The field. I wasn't supposed to fall asleep! I stand up and start to run home. But I stop immediately.

The whole field was covered in a blazing fire.

I choked on the smoke and tripped backwards. I was completely surrounded by the fire. The flowers of the field were slowly being eaten by the abominable fire while the smell of burnt grass was flown up into the air. I couldn't move. I didn't want to. There was no where I could go. The fire started coming closer to my feet so I had to crawl away. I sobbed as if my tears could put out the raging inferno around me. All I could do was sit there as it took over my body, as it stole my life. The fire sparked up and reached my dress. No.

I was burning.
It hurt.
Burnings
It Hurts.
Slowly devouring.
It Kills.
Dying.
No...

"Aileen!"
Who was that? I couldn't recognize them in this state of panic. "Somebody help me!" I screamed as loud as my lungs would allow. The fire was burning my dress and the heat was becoming unbearable. I couldn't hold out any longer.
"I'm here, don't worry." I was picked up out of the steaming fire with cold loving hands. They caressed my head and held me close.
"Your safe now" the person said. I didn't care who they were. I loved them. They saved me.
"Thank you" I whispered. I was tired and fatigued from panic and sadness. I just wanted to go home. I wanted to be safe. But was home safe?
"Who are you?"
The girl didn't respond for a bit. It seemed like she didn't want to say who she was. That made me sad. I wouldn't know how to repay her if I couldn't find her again. How could I find her? How could she protect me? How-
"Eliza". That name sent a spark of wonder down my skin. "My name is Eliza". Eliza....that's a name I would never forget. I'll repay you one day Eliza. Thank you.

I closed my eyes in the arms of the kind stranger as the warm sun bathed me to sleep.

"In my dreams, I danced with the stars in my head".