Wrong Time

•Prologue•

"No please! You can't!" a ten-year old boy begged. He was wearing a tattered, dirty green tunic and matching hat. From his boots to his floppy blonde hair, he was filthy. His blue eyes were pleading and filled with tears and staring at the woman in front of him.

"Don't you want what's best for her?!" The woman demanded. She had white hair tied back in a choppy ponytail and was wearing a skin tight outfit with an eye and tear symbol on the front. She was very athletic, stern, and scary. "You've done well in collecting the spiritual stones, but it's too late. Ganondorf has struck. The princess isn't safe here."

"I can protect her!" the boy argued, touching the sword on his back. "Please!"

"My decision is final. Have you come to love her? Don't be selfish. You're too young to be the Hero of Time. If you really love her-"

"I don't love her!"

"LIES!" The woman took a deep breath to regain control "If you truly care for her, then we have to do this. For seven years."

The boy lowered his head. "She won't remember me."

The woman looked at him sympathetically. "She won't remember me either. But it's for the best. Her memories have to be replaced."

"Impa, please! There MUST be another way....."

Impa narrowed her eyes. "She must be sent to the year 2006 AD. America. A land far from Hyrule. She will wait there for seven years. When you have become the Hero of Time, you may go and get her using the Ocarina of Time. Ganondorf is looking for her. Now bring her in. It's time for the process to start."

A single tear ran down the boy's face.