Chapter 13

•Chapter 13•

Friday, May 31st, 2013

When I woke up, I was freezing. We were laying in sleeping bags in a small tent we had bought in Boise. We were camped out on the edge of the forest. Close to the city, but not close enough for people to see us.

I looked over at Link. He looked so much younger when he slept, as everyone does. He was sleeping soundly, his ears (which were now long again) twitching every few minutes.

Why was I so cold? It was May, wasn't it?

I inched closer to Link, who was providing warmth. I curled up next to him, in an attempt to get warmer.

Link, to me, was just a huge enigma. I didn't know anything about him. Yet he seemed to know everything about me. It was weird.

I looked at my watch. It was 4:07 in the morning. I groaned.

"Zelda?" Link yawned. He startled me. I pushed myself away from him as fast as possible.

"You-you're supposed to be asleep!"

Link smirked. "You woke me up."

God, his voice was so sexy when he was tired.

"What?" He asked, suddenly concerned.

"Nothing...." I hid my face under my sleeping bag so only my eyes were showing and my blush wasn't.

"You looked at me funny."

"No I didn't. Shut up."

"Why were you so close?"

"I was cold!"

Link laughed. "Okay. Are you still cold?"

"I'm freezing."

"Okay. Come here." He sat up and pulled me out of my sleeping bag and over to him.

"Hey! Let go! I'm colder now!" I kicked the air a few times.

Link forced my feet into his sleeping bag then forced the rest of me into it. He lay down next to me.

"Warmer?" He asked.

"Yes." What I didn't say is that it wasn't the sleeping bag that was making me warm.

"You're blushing."

"Shut up!" I kicked him. "I've just never been in such close proximity to a boy."

"First time for everything."

"Clearly." We were silent for a moment. "Link?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to know more about you."

"Okay. Ask away."

"Um, what's your favorite color?"

"Green."

"What about parents? You got any of those?"

Link was silent for a minute. I immediately knew I had trespassed on uncharted territory.

"I had parents. My father died in battle and my mother died from wounds. She brought me to the Kokiri Forest where she died. I was raised by the-"

"Great Deku Tree." I finished.

He stared at me. "How did you-oh wait I told you that before you were put in Massachusetts. Your suppressed memories must be seeping through."

I burst into tears.

"Zelda! What's wrong?"

"This means that my family isn't my actual family! My life isn't my actual life!"