Chapter 5

•Chapter 5•

Saturday, May 12th, 2013

9:30 am

Sunlight was shining right in my eyes. I sat up in my bed, a pillow falling off.

How did I get here?

I climbed out of bed and dashed forwards the door. I was even wearing my pajamas. Did the boy do this?

I ran into the kitchen and gasped. The boy was sitting at the table with Jake and my mom as if this was normal.

"You."

"That's very rude, Zelda." Mom said. "This young man saved your life."

"Oh yeah." I pulled up a chair and sat down. "What happened?"

"Well," the boy started, "After you passed out, I carried you home. I've seen you come and go out of your house before, so I knew where you lived. I brought you to your mother and she took you inside and invited me to stay over because, well, I don't have anywhere else to go. I live in your basement now."

Of course Mom invited him to stay over. She's always doing kind stuff like that. I didn't know she was now doing a homeless project though.

"I'm enrolling him in your high school by the way."

"What?"

"Zelda! what has gotten into you?! He saved your life and you haven't even said thank you!"

"Oh my god. Right. I'm just....tired. I'm so sorry." I turned to the boy. "Uh, thank you, um...what's your name?"

"You don't even know his name?!" Mom cried.

"It's okay." The boy said. "I never offered my name. I'm slightly to blame. My name is Link."

Link.

That name!

Suddenly, a rush of images came flooding into my mind. I saw a courtyard with flowers and butterflies and a ten year old boy in green with a blue ball of light. He was holding a green emerald.

"Link!" I gasped, gripping his arm, and collapsing on the spot.