Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Nathan’s POV

It’s been two days. Two agonizing days—I haven’t felt this way, physically, since I gave Elsie her space when we were first starting out. It was starting to weaken me. We’ve been wandering the woods in hopes of finding this cabin that girl mentioned, and every time we thought we had a clue, it only threw us off. William had a great sense and gift of covering his tracks...it's also probably the only thing he's fucking good at.

“Nath, you okay?” Jay asked me from behind. I felt limp, that’s for sure.

“No,” I sighed softly and he nodded.

“Max thinks we’re close. Can’t you feel it?” He asked and I shook my head. I think I was too weak to feel anything…

“I don’t know. I’m messed up right now. I want her back. I want to marry her,” I rambled on and Jay placed a hand on my shoulder, stopping me from increasing my anger.

“And you will. But we must focus on finding her first,” he said. I just hung my head as he led me onward, following Max further into the woods. I started to feel a sense of hope as we walked in this direction—she must be close. That’s when I heard a small cry of distress. I tensed up instantly and Jay and the others ran in the direction of the scream. I tried to catch up but had to slow down a couple of times.

I saw them crowd in front of a log cabin, and Kelsey and Nareesha made way for me to sprint inside. Sam was fighting off a male vampire who I assumed to be William and immediately caught sight of Siva comforting Elsie in the other side of the room. I rushed to her side.

“El!” I cried and I was about to grab her into a hug when she shuffled away from me. I felt a pang of hurt and sadness within me, even just at the sight of her. Blood covered the top half of her shirt and her hair was unruly. I should just kill this prick, I thought.

I lowered my arms when I realized she didn’t want to be touched and looked up at Siva. He had the same confused look on his face I must have on mine right now. More punches were thrown and I went to stand next to Sam. He’d pinned down the man and they both watched me expectantly. The vampire looked weak, almost literally dead, with his blood-caked mouth and incredibly pale skin.

Sam already had an intuition of what I wanted to do and he moved to the side slightly whilst still holding down the vampire. I bent down and twisted his neck off as I stared straight ahead, not wanting to forever remember the look on his face when I ended him.

“You okay?” Sam asked me when it was over.

“I will be,” I told him and he took the vampire’s body and head outside to burn. I turned back and saw that everyone else had joined Elsie and Siva on the floor. El looked terrified—her legs close to her chest and her elbows resting on her knees as she dug her hands into her hair. The girls were doing a good job of talking El through it whereas the guys just stood there, most likely trying to figure out what William had done to her. I walked over to where they all were and crouched in front of El.

“El?” I hesitated to touch her as I brought my hand out in front of her to take. She just stared at it and I looked at everyone around me as if I was silently pleading for them to tell me what to do.

El continued to stare at my hand, and I felt helpless.

A/N: Oooo.... That's all I can say, haha. Comment and vote :) xx

Edited December 29, 2013