Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Samuel’s POV

It’s already been two months since I last saw Max and his clan. Meaning it’s been two months Nathan has been apart from Elsie. She hasn’t looked so…dead. I’d argue with her, about how…idiotic…she’s being, but I knew it would make things worse for her and whatever goes on in that head of hers. This is the first time I’m seeing a vampire go against her mate, though. I’m secretly amazed that she’s gone this long without Nathan.

Emma’s been doing her job of taking care of El. El has grown much weaker, as she hasn’t been drinking from Nathan. I’m sure Nathan’s the same. Me being the closest to Max apart from the rest of his clan, we stayed in touch my phoning each other to keep ourselves updated. Because Nathan has given El the right to see him when she’s ready, he hasn’t made an effort to come see her at all. He’s too weak anyway.

El is going to dying soon, and that means Nathan doesn’t have long either. I needed to do something.

Just then Elsie came running down the stairs, nearly falling over. She was definitely getting worse. I even had to carry in a deer into the house just so that she could stay fed. Obviously, it hasn’t been doing any help. Nothing is stronger than a mate’s blood.

El started to sob tearlessly, uncontrollably in front of me and I rushed over and caught her before she dropped to the floor.

“I’m sorry…” she whispered as she cried. Most would question why a person was being sorry if they weren’t sure why they were even being sorry, but I knew why she was. She had pushed her own mate away and she now fully understands that she could and will die along with Nathan unless they get together again. She made a silly mess, and she was sorry. But none of us were in a position to tell her how wrong she was from the very beginning. I guess others take it differently, though El was drastic.

“Shh,” I comforted her. Emma was out after being called in by her work.

I laid Elsie on the couch to rest and calm herself and I got out of the house, just a few miles out until El was out of earshot.

I called Max. “You have to bring him to us.”

Edited December 29, 2013