Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Nathan’s POV

I sighed contently as I got my mouth off of Elsie’s neck. I rolled over onto my back and laid next to her on her--our-- bed. We’ve been having this routine daily for the last month now…I’m not complaining. Though I’m pretty sure Emma and Sam had a bit of a problem with whatever Elsie and I were doing during nights. I haven't been in London for nearly two months since I solidified my relationship with Elsie. Sam and Emma didn't have a problem, considering they understand the need mates have for each other; I practically moved into their home, labeling El's room as ours.

“I’m exited for next week…!” Elsie whispered next to me. I turned my head to face her and I smiled and nodded. Being mates, our relationship naturally moves much faster than human relationships. I proposed to Elsie just after a few days she finally agreed to be with me, and our wedding is a week from tomorrow, thanks to the help of my clan and Sam and Emma. I couldn’t be any happier.

“Me too, me too,” I told her as I twisted myself so that I could place an arm over her waist. She kissed my shoulder.

“I love you,” she said and I gave her a toothy grin. I could never get tired of those words.

“I love you more,” I told her smugly. She returned the facial expression and said, “Perhaps…” she winked and I faked shock. I knew what she meant though because it was me who made the first move. It was okay for us to joke about it now, seeing as we couldn’t live without each other anyway.

“You don’t mean that!” I replied, pretending to cry. She laughed and only shook her head. “That’s what I thought,” I added and kissed the finger that has her engagement ring on it.

The ring was my mother's from my father in the late 1800's-- a shining, red ruby that was set as the center of a circle of tiny diamonds. It's definitely an heirloom. I examined it, remembering the day I went back to our old house not long after I was turned into a vampire and thinking, "This will be worn by a special woman one day..." and that day has come.

A/N: Short and fluffly :3   PS, WHO HAS HEARD WE OWN THE NIGHT?! Holy....if all turns out well, this could be their next big single.... Anyway, till next time. Comment, fan, vote :) xx

Edited December 29, 2013