Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Nathan’s POV

I knew not seeing her—being with her—is going to hurt, but she wanted me to give her space and I will give her that time to herself.

I ran out of her room but slowed down when I got downstairs and saw that everyone had left, including Sam and Emma. I looked around and my eye caught a note on the coffee table. It was nighttime at this point, and I figured they went out hunting for animals.

“Nathan, we’ve left the house to give you privacy. You know where to find us.” It read and I instantly knew Tom had written it. Of course I knew where they’d be: our favorite hunting area. Being long-time friends with Samuel, he taught us how much better it is to drink animal blood. The other vampires that knew about our diet looked down at us, saying that we weren’t “normal.” None of us felt good after killing people, so we took in Samuel’s suggestions happily. Sure, some of us relapsed a few times over the years, but feeling the dread and guilt afterwards helped no one. Besides, we were once human.

I ran as fast as I could and stopped abruptly when I spotted a lone deer. I immediately went into hunting mode, as others would refer to it, and pounced on the deer and sucked it dry.

“Hey!” Tom drawled out and I turned around to find everyone else standing there with him and I stood up from where I was crouching over the deer. Everyone seemed to be glowing from their little hunting trip.

“How’d it go?” Siva asked, his Irish accent sounding more defined.

“She wants time to herself,” I told them.

“Did she actually say that?” Emma asked, brushing hair out of her face. She had a couple spots of blood on her shirt, and I shook my head at her-- Emma is known for being the messiest drinker, despite being the most poised. She grinned at me guiltily, seeing I've noticed the evidence on her shirt.

“No, but I just know she needs it.” I said and I looked down slightly.

“That’s messed up, Nath.” Tom said, running his eyes over a random space in the forest to show his disbelief over the situation.

“You could die…” Kelsey trailed off softly with a look of sadness in her eyes. I’ve always been closer to Kelsey than I was with Nareesha. Kelsey’s always been like an older sister to me, whilst Nareesha was just a really close friend.

I went over and gave Kelsey a hug and she patted the back of my neck.

“I know, but I wouldn’t be able to live without Elsie anyway, so I might as well not live.” I whispered in her ear, even though I knew everyone else could still hear me.

“Oh, Nathan.” Emma said and I looked over to her. If she were able to cry tears of sympathy, she would’ve.

“I think the best we can do right now is to give El the time that she needs. Really, you need each other. You’ll find your way back to each other.” Sam told me and I nodded.

Not long after we said our goodbyes and we were running off to London again. Who needed public transportation when we could use our speed? The further I got away from Elsie the more pain I felt in my chest.

A/N: Is anyone actually reading this...?

Edited December 29, 2013