Engagement party!

Chapter 20

*Joey POV*

Shane and I walked into the lobby hand in hand where all our friends were waiting for us. I greeted them all with hugs. There were a lot of us! Jim, Tanya, Louise, Zoe, Alfie, Marcus, Jack and Finn, Tyler, Troye, Fleur, Kalel, Anthony, Ian, Shana, Sawyer, Louis, Joe, Dan and Phil, Justine and Jenna, Ingrid, Lisa, Rebecca, Colleen, Grace, Hannah, Mamrie, Doug, Meghan and Cat. So there were quite a few of us, and apparently they have something planned.

Grace-“So we all pitched in ideas and we have decided that we are throwing you a party seeing that there are so many of us!”

Joey-“Shoot! You guys are the best!”

Grace-“And the best part is we aren’t even leaving this building!”

Doug grabbed my arm to pull me along and Lisa did the same for Shane. They lead us to the top of the building which had been done up with fairy lights, a dj, a bar and a dance floor! The view is amazing and well this whole thing is!

Joey-“Oh my goodness gracianious!”

Shane-“I second that!”

Shane and I walked over to the dj who happened to have a microphone.

Joey-“Shoot guys! You are all the best! Thank you so much for this!”

Shane-“Yeah thanks guys! Also Joey kind of proposed to me this afternoon too!”

Everyone laughed but started cheering.

Joey-“Let’s get this party started. Up in where?”

Everyone-“Up in here!”

Shane and I went our separate ways and became social butterflies. The first people who took me aside were Mamrie, Grace and Hannah.

Joey-“ah the 3 musketeers!”

Mamrie-“Congratulations Joey! Here have a cocktail!”

She handed me a drink after embracing me in a hug! Followed by congratulations and hugs from Hannah and Grace!

Joey-“Thanks guys! Thank you so much for organising it too!”

Hannah-“Joey it was easy! Everyone was keen and even the manager of this hotel was excited! Come on drink up! We gonna get you white girl wastey!”

After about 4 cocktails with the girls I got my 5th and headed of finding someone new to talk to. My head is spinning I am so tipsy. I laughed out loud but nobody noticed thank gosh! I decided to take a step back and look at all my friends, enjoying the party. I wasn’t standing in the light which is why I could not recognise who was walking over to me.

Joey-“Doug?”

Doug-“Hey Joey.”

I hugged him without spilling my drink. Which I then skulled.

Doug-“Joey I need to tell you something…”

 Joey-“are you going to tell me why you haven’t spoken to me in months?!”

Doug-“In a way yes.”

Joey-“Come on then, what’s your lame ass excuse?”

I laughed though Doug didn’t think I was very funny.

Doug-“I am in love with you.”

Joey-“Doug… uh this is my engagement party… you can’t tell me this. No this isn’t right. You are well I think you are my best friend.”