mom and lunch

Chapter 6

*Joey POV*

We pulled up at the front of Shane’s mom’s house and gosh I am so freakin’ nervous! I’ve met Teresa before and we get along fine and we both like each other but this is different… I’m dating her son! I sat in the car with different scenarios going through my head and Shane quickly snapped me out of it.

Shane-“Joey, come on! There is nothing to be nervous about… You have met my mom! She adores you and those teeth of yours! Haha!”

I blushed and nodded my head and got out of the car.

Joey-“okay okay let’s go.”

We held hands seeing that nobody was around and walked up to the door, Shane squeezed my hand to try and calm me down and I just looked at him and smiled. He is honestly the greatest.  Teresa greeted us at the door and welcomed us in. I knew I was over reacting when I realised my hands were shaking. Shoot Joey calm down!

Shane-“So mom, I have some good news… so uhm…Joey and I dating. How exciting is that?!”

Teresa-“Oh my, that is fantastic I am so happy for you both! I knew you two would end up together!”

She pulled us both in for a hug and I started to breathe again. I can’t believe I was stressing over that! I know Teresa and I know she would be happy for Shane as long as he was happy, and by the look of his smile he was happy.

Shane-“thanks mom we are just going to go upstairs I need to grab a few things and we might just film a video if that’s all good?”

Uh video!? What type of video? Is Shane ready to come out to the world? I am certainly not. Oh my gosh how was I meant to tell him? Teresa interrupted my thoughts…

Teresa-“That is fine honey, and I just want to say again how happy I am for you both! Joey you better keep him inline!”

I laughed nervously and smiled

Joey-“Of course, I will have him scrubbing floors and doing the washing by the end of the week.”

I winked at Teresa and she laughed. Shane grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs and into a bedroom which I could easily identify as a lot of his videos were filmed in here. We ended up filming a ask #Shoey and I didn’t mention what video I thought he wanted to do,  afterwards we packed a few bits and pieces and headed to Shane’s favourite restaurant. Shane ordered a burger with a salad and I ordered a chicken salad. The waitress arrived with our meals.

Waitress-“Is that all?”

Joey-“Certainly is, thanks”

I smiled at her and looked back down at my salad, I looked up at Shane and he was watching the waitress who was still standing that writing something down. Shane wasn’t exactly watching he was death staring the girl. I looked up at her and she handed me a piece of paper. Oh no you got to be kidding me.

Waitress-“you should uh give me a call sometime?”

I shook my head and refused the piece of paper.

Joey-“Sorry I can’t, I’m in a relationship”

She gave Shane the most horrible look and walked away. Shoot girl.

*Shane’s POV*

We left mom’s house and headed to my favourite restaurant. We found a seat and ordered our lunch. I stretched out my legs and accidently touched Joey’s foot under the table, I blushed and he giggled and winked at me. That is when I realised how much I actually love Joey and how natural it was just being with him. My thoughts were disturbed by the waitress. She handed us our food and stood there staring at Joey. That bitch! He is mine; wait was he flirting with her?! You got to be fucking kidding me I’m sitting right here!  I death stared her as she gave him his number and told him to call her.

Joey-“Sorry I can’t, I’m in a relationship”

I gave the girl a smug look that obviously told her that he is mine; she gave me a dirty look and walked away. I snorted and ate my burger.

Joey-“I’m sorry Shane…”

What on earth was he apologising for?!

Shane-“what?”

Joey-“I’m sorry about that… I must have given her the wrong impression for her to give me her number… I hate this…”

He lowered his voice and put his hand on mine

Joey-“I hate not being about to tell people and I hate not being about to kiss you or hold your hand in public, and I hate that I’m not ready to go public but you are…”

Oh so he wasn’t actually apologising for the waitress he was apologising because he doesn’t want to tell anyone about us quite yet.

Shane-“Joey, it’s fine; if you aren’t ready we won’t tell.”

Joey-“but you are ready, I hate feeling like I’m holding you back.”

Shane-“Shut up, you aren’t we will tell everyone when you are ready, let come on lets go back home”

hey guys sorry this is really short and really crap! haha i have had a writers block i honestly had no idea what to write! I'm going to be busy the next few days but i will try and write some more!

Twitter- @tashaSHOTS

tumblr- onedaytheywillregret