Chapter 15

-Dream-

I stand in the old town, just like it was over four hundred years ago. It was my birthday, I had come to the age of being able to marry. Mother always said that men would fall at my feet to marry me when this day came.

But life didn't last long for her or dad, to see me get married. They died a few weeks after my birthday. But forever will I remember her holding my hand, smiling at me with a smile that didn't touch her eyes. Her body was turning white, her eyes were dying of color and she was skinny, that I could see the bone. "Evy remember this. Someday, you'll find someone and will love him very much. But remember, life isn't easy. Not in this life or any other life for that matter," thinking about it now, it was almost like she could see into the future and knew I wouldn't be human for too much longer. "You will fight, push and pull on one another. Fight like cats and dogs, to the point that you think you can't take it anymore. But in the end, it will be worth it." After she said those words she died. Never to say another word, sing in the kitchen, chase dad out of the kitchen with her wooden spoon when he wouldn't wait to eat and never to kiss us goodnight.

-End of Dream-

Sitting straight up in bed, my body shakes violently. Like someone would do if they had the flue or something. Gripping my arms with my hands, I try to stop the shaking, but they don't stop. I even lean forward with my head down and try to control myself. But something is truly  wrong with me.

My bedroom door opens, reveling Kim, holding a bowl of water. Her eyes grow large when she sees me. "Evy!" She puts the bowl of water to the side on the desk next to my bed.

My insides feel like they are rubbing against one another like sandpaper. My skin feels like it's on fire and my head is throbbing so much  that it almost hurts to even have my eyes open. "What...the hell...is happening...to me?" I ask her, as she pulls my hair back in a ponytail. I can feel my hair stick to my skin. When I work out, I sweat; like everyone else. But nothing like this.

"Your body is changing. Your body has to sort of restart, to take over this branch of the Immortals." She informs me.

If that was the case, was Erik in pain to? Was he going through this to? Or since he was so much older then us, did he not feel the same? "Erik....to?" I ask her, my skin feeling to tight to my bones.

Kim looks down at her hands. "He is being charged with high treason, for his name being on the papers to switch over hands of the Immortal branch here. That's why you're in so much pain. As we are speaking, they are cutting out the souls in his body. Soon as they get to his soul, the pain will stop; because he will truly be dead." She tells me in a small voice.

Running every single freaking word of that contract in my head. It clicks, when I got to page five; section twelve.

In case someone else being on this contract that is not wanted on this contract. Will die, for high treason of going against the old head of said Immortal branch.

Looking up at Kim, she looks like a child scared of the world. "Souls," I whisper.

Her eyes grow large. "What?"

"Food...souls...need now!"

"Got it," like a jack in a box, she leaves the room.

Scooting out of bed, my mother words come back to me from the dream. I don't love him. He's an ass, that I don't want to see die. He's important to the Immortals with what he knows.

Kim rushes back into the room, with everyone behind her. But Derek friends that came with him. So where we're they? It feels like forever since I last seen all of them in the same room.

Kim opens one of the many bottles of souls and hands it to me. "You have that look in your eye's, that you're going to kill someone." James tells me.

Samuel comes over to me, as Emma holds some bear like she use to when she was human. "Evy, please don't do it." Emma whispers softly.

Five bottles of souls drained, my body almost doesn't hurt anymore. "What is she planning to do?" Cain asks, in that voice of a bodyguard.

Emma studies me. My thoughts all over the place, and Emma keeps looking at me, knowing me far better then everyone in this room. Though it very well be because she my sister. "Evy stop it!" Emma screams out, dropping the stuffed toy, jumps up on the bed. Her small hands wrap around my shirt and screams in my face. "I know what your trying to do, you can't hide what you are feeling or what your true thought is when it comes to your eyes!" She screams out.

Cain punches the stone wall and even brakes some of it. "Does life mean nothing to you! You've been alive for more then four hundred years and you'll just throw that away for some sort of jackass?! You haven't even lived! Everyone I talked to, has said that you hardly travel ever since you came back to this place!"

"Would you have me be any other way Cain? Remember, you're the man that showed me what it was like to truly protect someone. You gave your life to protect me and Emma-"

"You know why I did that!" He roars out.

Bay smacks Cain upside the head and it's like Cain is back. It could be possible that him coming back to life was starting to unravel him. Was the others unraveling just like him? Or were they trying to stay in control of themselves?

Samuel looks back at everyone. "I need to talk to her alone." He tells everyone.

"No-" James is cut off when Kim grabs him by the ear and starts to drag him out of the room.

Bay grabs Emma and throws her over his shoulder. Even when she kicks and screams at him to put her down. Willow grabs Cain hand and takes him out of the room and he's the one that closes the door.

Drinking down another bottle of souls, it's almost weird being able to drink souls again. My body had almost completely starved without them.

"Evy, I know you better than a lot of people do." He whispers. "And I know you won't stop at nothing to help someone. But maybe it's time that you have us help. Your still in no-"

He's cut off, when the bottle I was holding falls on to the floor letting some soul remains of someone memory float away.

Gripping my stomach, it's like someone just reached into my body and started twisting my insides and we're about to pull everything out at once. "Open the hope chest and takes everything with you...." gasping for air, is so pointless I don't need air. But it's like a habit that never stops. "Hid your faces and I'll be..." screaming in pain, I throw my body against my bed and curler up in a ball. "Go now!" I order out.

The door flies open, Samuel tells orders. But I can't hear his words, it's like someone took my hearing away and I hear nothing.

The pain hits me in waves and before I pass out; someone moves my head and kisses me on the lips. Whoever kissed me, their face isn't clear. But I see their lips move; but again, I hear nothing as I pass out.

As my eyes close, I see my mother. "Evy, you can't rest anymore. I know your body needs to heal. But you have to fight through the pain. To help you, I'll give you my soul, because I have always watched over my babies and now after all these years; it's time to protect my babies once again."

My eyes snap open and it's like electricity has struck my body. I feel different. Not bad different or anything, it almost feels like when I became an Immortal. But something is different. But there is no time to question it and time to fight; like all I have mostly done since I became what I am.