Chapter 9

I don't want to walk. Because the first time in my immortal life, I'm scared of the dark and what is out there. I feel too weak to fight. So I pull out my phone, that I hardly use and call Erik, which truly is a bad idea, just because with things with us are the way we are. But I can't very well call Corral, because I'm sure she is busy doing something, with being back and all.

He picks up after the first ring. "Well, this is new. I like it," he says, with a smug tone to his voice that tells me he is smiling.

"For your safety, I recommend you stop smiling and have someone come pick me up at the graveyard," I tell him with a dark tone to my voice. But after that, I start to throw up more souls.

"Evy, what's wrong with you?" He questions, in that voice that says he is in charge of everything and everyone.

"Trust me, if I knew I would tell you. Maybe-" before I can finish what I'm about to say I throw up more. "Just hurry up and don't bring your bike. Bring the Hummer and a trashcan," then I throw up again and drop my phone. The blue souls soon turn into blood.

"Evy talk to me!" Erik orders out.

"Being immortal, means we can live for thousands of years and not age. But we can die; everything dies. Nothing is truly immortal when it comes right down to it." That is what Corral said, over and over again in the years that I have known her.

"Evy, fucking talk to me this minute!" Erik orders out, as I start to hear the Hummer that he loves so much starts to get closer outside.

"Erik, why did you become Immortal?" I ask him, picking up my phone.

"What are you talking about?!" he yells out, as he stops the Hummer I don't know how far away. My ability to distance things is starting to go and my vision is starting to go.

"Why did you become immortal?" I ask him again, as my eyes start to close.

"Because I didn't want to die. Just like you," I hear the door open before I see it move and the cold air brushes against my skin. "What in hell has happened to you?" He whispers, as he picks me up in his arms.

Looking up at him, he is just a dark figure to my eyes. "They aren't dead," I tell him, before I pass out.

***

"Evy, darling open your eyes for me." A mothering voice whispers. "Come on Evy, open your eyes, the mistakes of this old Immortal hasn't been fixed yet and I can't fix them." The woman tells me.

No Evy, don't open your eyes. A male voice tells me, in a protective voice and I swear I can feel arms around my body in a protective way.

"Evy, please open your eyes. You were meant for this life, more then anyone I have ever known. You can protect everyone, and I know you don't know how yet. But you have the power inside of you. If you sign the papers, all the pain will go away I promise. They went to far when they did that." The mothering voice tells me.

Evy, keep your eyes closed. Go back to your dream world where everything is safe. Where we are, those that you love and who love you back. Please do as I say. The male voice cries out to me.

I go against the male voice and slowly open my eyes and they land on Corral. She holding my hand and crying, like a heart stricken mother. "What the hell did you do?!"

She looks up at me, with a surprised look. I don't know if it's because I'm alive or if because I just cussed at her. I'm thinking the look is for cussing at her, because I never did that to her before. "I brought them back from the dead, for you."