Chapter Thirteen - Not How It Used To Be

Tris

"Oh my god, Tris!" Christina sobs. "Is it really you?" I smile.

"In the flesh." I say cheerfully. Christina releases a loud, lion-like sob.

"I missed your voice." She says quietly while looking down at her shoes. I embrace her once again. I wonder if she knows about Will yet.

"Have you seen Will lately?" I ask hesitantly. She nods. Oh thank god, I was scared I was about to tell her about some surprise thing he might've been planning. I take her hand and walk over to Uriah. At the moment him and Zeke are playing mercy and it looks like Zeke's owning Uri's ass.

"Hey guys." I say. They both stop and look up at me and Christina.

"CHRIS!" Uriah screams. Christina starts to tear up again, I've never seen everyone this emotional at one time. They both hug and start chatting about who knows what. I'm broken out of my thoughts when I get tackled to the ground by no other than Zeke Pedrad. He embraces me like every Pedrad does, like a clingy koala bear.

"H-how. When. I, what?" He stutters.

"I'll explain soon." I laugh. He nods and we start chatting about what we've missed out on these last few months.

+++

"Hey guys, come here. I want to explain." I say. Everyone runs in close to me, eager to hear how I'm alive.

I explain everything. About how I could hear everything going on around me to how Caleb made a wax figure of me. Their faces are mostly shocked, some confused but most just happy that I'm here. Then I let Uriah talk about his experience while I go and hunt for Will.

"WILL!!" I yell through the corridors.

"Tris?" A voice whisper shouts. "Come here." I oblige and walk over to the sound of the voice. I see Will standing there shaking.

"Oh my god Will, what happened."

"Nothing, I'm just nervous. What if they don't remember me or they hate me for trying to kill you!" He shouts running his hand through his hair.

"Hey. Hey, hey, hey. It's going to be okay. They're not going to be mad at you, if anything they should be mad at me. I'm the one that-" I stop myself. "Just don't worry, it's all going to be fine and anyways Christina will be there by your side the whole time." I say smiling at him. He nods confidently. A grab his hand and lead him to the others

Tobias

"Okay guys, I have one more surprise." I laugh, still recovering from one of Uriah's jokes.

"C'mon Will!" I yell. Will sprints out with Tris and joins us. I can't help but notice that everyone is back to normal. Everyone's relationships with each other is like before. Like nothing ever happened but not us. Not Tris and I, it's not how it used to be.