Chapter Seven - Goodbye Tris

Tobias

"She was my only friend. She has been there for me all along. She stayed with me after Al, Will, Marlene, Lynn and now... Uriah." Christina pauses and a sob escapes her lips.

"I don't want to believe it, I can't believe it." She crumples up her paper and runs off the stage in a fit of sobs and anger. Christina comes to sit by me and I give her a weak smile.

"Don't cry Christina, she wouldn't want that." I say. She turns to look at me and takes a deep breath.

"You're right." She says and composes herself. Christina's always been good at that, always trying to stay strong for others. I switch my gaze off of her and to the casket in front of me.

Tris.

Her skin looks different, too... shiny. And, her hair, it looks like straw.

I stand up and make my way to the casket. Slowly, I place my lips onto hers. They feel so different. Not how I remember them. I hear footsteps behind me and Christina appears beside me. We just stare at her, unable to look away.

"They'll be burying her soon." She says quietly. I nod.

"Take a good look kids. That's the last you'll be seeing of her." A man with a strong foreign accent says while he takes her away. I look at Christina and she looks at me. We're all we have left. Christina, Zeke, Shauna, Caleb and me. It used to be so many, back when the city was at peace, content. Back when we were in Dauntless. Back when we were free. All that, shattered in a small number of months. Gone.

Christina and I make our way back to the headquarters. We were the only ones that went. Zeke and Shauna are in Uriah's room waiting for them to unplug him and Caleb was to wrapped up in his own guilt to attend his sister's funeral. Asshole.