27. E N E M I E S

P A I G E
After Dean woke up, all of the life was put back into me.

I was happy again, I didn't feel like a zombie anymore.

We had just arrived home after the doctor had admitted him to return home.

I could see the happiness thriving in his eyes and his energy just radiated off of him.

Watching him collapse onto the couch and immediately fall asleep was also a sight I enjoyed.

I decided to let him sleep and get some things done around the house.

I managed to clean every room spotless within two hours with the occasional groan from Dean waking up and falling back asleep.

What I didn't expect was to see a shiny object fall out of the pillowcase when I was stripping our bed of the sheets and putting them in the laundry.

I squatted down to get a closer look at the glimmering object that had fell to the floor and my stomach flipped.

A ring.

I gently picked up, holding it between my thumb and index finger.

My other hand flew up to my lips as I was in shock. I could already feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

The vibrant sapphire stone shined brightly in the light of the sun, as did the ebony and silver stones surrounding it.

How long had he been hiding this from me?

A slight panic rose up in my chest when the door opened and Dean noticed me.

His jaw dropped slightly ajar and his eyes widened.

"Jonathan, is this what I think it is?"

His words came out in a frenzy as he tripped over them, stuttering wildly.

"I'm sorry if you think it's too soon. I should've never put it there. I was just trying to think of the perfect way to propose to you."

My heart melted at his nervousness.

"Why don't you ask me now?"

His breathing became ragged and he wiped his clammy palms on his light wash jeans.

"Are you serious?"

He gulped as I smiled at him, holding the ring out for him to take.

"Do I look like I'm joking darling?"

Dean nervously took the small ring in his hands and knelt down on one knee.

My breath caught in my throat as he took my hand in his.

"Saraya, you are the love of my life. I get a second chance to live because of you. Without you, I would've never broken out of my shell or had someone who made me feel like me."

"Every single day, I get to wake up next to you and there's nothing more I could ask for. Except to be my wife and the mother of our future children."