21. S L E E P

D E A N
Paige and I were relaxing on the couch, analyzing our matches when we heard someone knock on the door.

Paige immediately jumped up, running to the door.

"Mummy!"

I stood up, making my way to the door to greet her mother.

I smiled as I watched them hold onto one another and I was more than surprised to see her mother's fiery red hair and piercings. They were just alike.

I let them have their moment, both of them crying and embracing each other.

"Dean! Oh my god, come give your mum a hug!"

I smiled from ear to ear, lightly hugging her to me.

"It's so amazing to finally meet my future son in law!"

That statement made me more than happy as I winked at Paige, watching her cheeks turn a rosy shade of blush.

I pulled back, taking Paige's mother's hand into mine and leaving a delicate kiss on her pale hand.

"Lovely to meet you Miss Knight."

"Please! Call me Mum! You're my son now!"

"Well Mum, I can definitely see where Paige gets her good looks."

She put her hand over her heart, jaw slack as she looked at Paige.

"He's a keeper! I might have to steal him and take him back to England."

Paige chuckled, snaking her arms around my waist.

"You can't take him. He's mine."

Her words made me smile.

"And you are mine."

I leaned down, taking my time in placing my lips over hers.

"I love you."

Paige said it back, nuzzling her head into my neck and holding me close.

I noticed Paige's mum tearing up and wiping the tears that did fall.

"Mum, what's wrong?"

Saraya smiled through her tears, laughing.

"You've finally found the one. A man who won't make you cry like your father did."

I knew the statement hit home when Paige's eyes watered, glistening in the light of the living space.

I decided to give them some alone time and walked upstairs into our bedroom.

I sighed exasperatingly, falling onto the bed and sliding my hand into my pillowcase, pulling the ring out.

I admired the engagement ring, hoping she'd love it. She was my everything and if she didn't like it, I'd be crushed.