24. H E R O

P A I G E
"Tear the stars out from the sky. Darkness falls, I come alive."

I stepped out from behind the tron, facing the 700,000+ people in the crowd.

The adrenaline came rushing to me all at once. The excitement of getting my Divas championship match, having it at WrestleMania, and doing it in front of my Mum made it overwhelming.

"New champ! New champ!"

I stopped at the top of the long ramp,
taking a moment to breathe it all in. This was my moment.

Tonight was the night everything fell into place.

I embraced the crowd's reaction as I continued making my way to the ring in my Doc Martins adorned with Britain's flag.

I began to walk faster as I neared the ring, jumping onto the apron and
preparing for the scariest and most intimidating night of my life.

I smirked before swinging my leather jacket, revealing my Dean Ambrose shirt, and putting every ounce of animosity into the scream that left my vocal cords.

My jaw fell ajar as I watched Carmella's entrance. The entrance way looked simply amazing.

I was soaking in the audience as they heavily booed Carmella.

I represented them tonight and if I failed them, I'd never forgive myself.

I was the hometown HERO.

It always took me a while to come to the realization that I represented my fans in every aspect.

I was their hero, their idol, and everything in between.

I knew that Carmella had to be a nervous wreck. This was her first WrestleMania and my second. And on top of that, she was defending her title on the grandest stage of them all.

Although this wasn't my first WrestleMania, that didn't stop my heart from hammering rapidly against my ribcage.

As Carmella entered through the bottom rope, my breathing sped up.

She flaunted the title for a bit before handing the belt to the referee who graciously took it.

He held it up to the crowd as Lillian Garcia began to introduce us.

"In the corner to my left, the challenger, England's own, Paige!"

I smiled at my hometown crowd as they cheered louder than ever before.

"And in the corner to my right, she is the WWE Divas Champion, from Staten Island, New York, Carmella!"

I allowed a sadistic smirk to grace my face as they continued rejecting Carmella.

Every little bit of focus I had in me was all brought to the surface as the sound of the bell was embedded into my mind.

We walked up to one another, only inches of space left in between us.

I looked down at her, phasing into my character.

"I promise by the end of this match, you'll be crawling back to the locker room. This is for Dean."