6. A N G E L B O Y

P A I G E
Right now, the only thing I could think about is Dean. I left him alone. What if he's hurting himself?

The mere thought of ever leaving him alone again made me a nervous wreck. I was dead set on protecting him from this cruel world.

My phone dinged.

'From: Angel Boy 👼🏼
Thank you Paige. I appreciate everything. But you don't need to worry about me. I'm bound to explode one day.'

Hearing those words made my heart shatter.

I was about to respond when Renee walked into the room to drive us to the arena for the Smackdown taping.

We sung along to our favorite oldies in the car, laughing at one another. I loved my best friend but no matter what, Dean was always in the back of my mind.

Renee could tell something was wrong but I dodged her questions. The real stripped version of Dean Ambrose was my little secret.

I walked into the arena and saw him. He was wrapping the white tape around his wrists and fingers. I saw him look up at me and my entire world stopped.

He was my world. His eyes were glossy from crying and he looked at me with such sad eyes. My heart yearned and I hurriedly walked over to him but was stopped by Nicole.

"Hey beautiful. What's up?"

I held back my growl of irritation. I loved Nikki but now was the worst timing.

"Nothing Nic. Just about to get ready for my match."

I desperately tried to say goodbye but she just kept on talking and talking.

My eyes were locked on him. I wasn't letting him leave my sight from now on. It sounds overprotective but I'm not giving him a second to breathe until I know he's just fine without me.

"Listen Nicole, I've got to go. But I'll see you later?"

She smiled and walked away and my legs were screaming at me to go to him.

"Dean, have you been crying again?"

He was focused on wrapping his tape but I knew he heard me. He was avoiding the question.

"No.."

His voice sounded so small and frail, I wanted to reach out to him.

"I know you have. You don't deserve to cry. You deserve to smile love.."

For a second I thought I saw a smile. It'd been so long since I saw that gorgeous smirk across his face.

"I'll see you later Paige. Try not to miss me too much."

My heart stopped as he winked at me. Chills ran up my spine. This was the Dean Ambrose I was used to.

The cocky, arrogant Dean. But even I knew he only put that mask on when he wanted to break down.

He towered above me, snaking his arm around my waist. I felt his cool lips make contact with my forehead before he walked away.