25. P R O U D

P A I G E
I was free falling.

I pushed my body forward and everything was in a blur as faces and bright lights passed my vision quickly.

It came to an end quickly as I had made contact with Carmella's body and we were both groaning in agonizing pain.

I wasted no time in throwing my arm over her battered body.

"One!"

Please let this be the end.

"Two!"

Stay down.

"Three!"

I sighed exasperatingly and I knew I didn't have the energy to move.

I could sense the crowd's shock and happiness as they celebrated the win of their own bred champion.

I felt the referee's hand gently grip my wrist, helping me stand up.

I staggered on my feet and tasted a familiar metallic liquid.

My lip had busted open but right now, I didn't care.

The referee handed me the title as I used every bit of energy to roll into the ring.

The audience came to a silence as they realized I was about to talk into the microphone.

"I am PROUD to be your new champion. I worked my ass off to get to where I'm at and one thing I won't settle for, is this hideous piece of shit title."

I dropped the championship on the mat, standing on it and allowing all of the angst I've kept in to come out.

"If there's one thing I've learned, it's that ONE WOMAN CAN CHANGE THE WORLD. And this is my world. I'm tired of repeating myself, we are not little girls playing with our Barbies. I'm here to snap Barbie's neck."

"Until I get the championship I deserve, I refuse to carry this pile of shit. I bust my ass to kick yours and I'm demanding a change. I am not a Diva, I AM A WRESTLER. AN ATHLETE!"

"What separates me from the male wrestlers? Absolutely nothing because gender shouldn't matter. Matter of fact, I want Womens Tag Team Championships. My reason? Because we fucking deserve it."

"Now Trips, why don't you be a good little obedient boy and grant me my wish? You have until tomorrow to make up your mind. And I'm only taking yes for an answer."

The audience was reacting just the way I wanted them to.

"Everything I did tonight was for Dean. I've been told that he is improving everyday and is expected to wake up any day now. My hopes are high for him but until then, I run the show."

I dropped the microphone, leaving the championship laying on the ground. Shades of Alundra Blayze or as many others know as Madusa. The only difference is that I didn't throw it in the trash.

I made my way backstage and immediately started packing my things back up and changed into my normal clothes.

"Saraya?"