23. F I G H T E R

P A I G E
I went to sleep as soon as I got home, ignoring my mother's worried questions.

I wanted to sleep for days, years even. And never wake up.

"Saraya, eat something, please."

My face stayed blank as I stared into the distance. I had refused to participate in life for the past couple of days and I had to return to work in two days.

It was WrestleMania in two days, the biggest night of my career.

But I couldn't be happy about it because I had to do it without Dean by my side.

"Saraya Jade-Bevis, I raised you to be a strong independent woman. This is not the Saraya I know."

I sighed, taking a deep breath.

"People change Mum. I don't think you realize that the love of my life is in a coma and could never wake up. He made me the Saraya you know. He made me happy Mum! And as always, my happiness is ripped away from me. Just like my dad took it away when I was a child."

Her face dropped as she walked over to me with a bowl of soup.

"Please eat this darling. Dean wouldn't want you sulking like this and you know it. He would want you to take care of yourself. So stay strong for him my dear Saraya."

I took the lukewarm bowl away from her hands and took a deep breath.

At WrestleMania, the animal becomes unleashed.

Someone decided to poke the bear and believe me, the gates of Hell just opened.

WRESTLEMANIA | LONDON, ENGLAND
I trailed my suitcase down the hall, pulling it into the female talent section of the arena.

I just saw the articles on WWE.com about Dean and I had to fight back the tears.

'WWE SUPERSTAR, DEAN AMBROSE SEVERELY INJURED IN CAR CRASH. TRAPPED IN A COMA.
SIGNS OF NEVER WAKING UP AGAIN.'

The words haunted every corner of my brain.

I couldn't ignore the looks of sympathy that crossed WWE employees' faces when I walked pass.

I wasted no time in putting on my cut Dean Ambrose shirt over my gear along with leather jacket and going to do my interview.

I sat down in the chair, desperately trying not to fall apart at that very moment.

"Paige, first I would like to send my condolences to you. I apologize about Dean's accident. How are you holding up?"

My face showed no sign of expression as I answered Tom Phillips' question.

"All I can say is that I feel very emotionally spent. I'm angry, sad, and depressed all at once and I can't handle it. I dragged myself here tonight and I plan on taking that championship from Carmella."

Tom nodded sympathetically and I resisted the urge to cry.

"How much does tonight mean to you?"

"Tonight means everything. Tonight, justice is served. After all, I am home here in England. My match is dedicated to my boyfriend Dean Ambrose and I'm fighting for him. Carmella be ready because I'm coming in guns a blazing."

I stood up and walked back to my dressing room. Just as I was about to completely break down, I saw Seth and Rome in my room.

They gave me looks like they knew I was about to cry and waved to come towards them.

I ran to them, hugging them both as their hands ran up and down my spine.

"I miss him so much."

They hugged me closer at my words and I sobbed into Seth's chest.

"He'll wake up. Dean's a FIGHTER. And he'll fight for you."

After a while, my tears had dried and I thanked Seth and Roman for being here when I needed them most.

But now, it was time to focus. Tonight was not just any ordinary night. Tonight was WrestleMania.

My Mum was sitting front row tonight and I planned on making her proud of me.

But most of all, I was doing this for Dean. Somehow, I gathered up the courage to come here and it took everything in me not to backpedal and go right back home to Orlando and sit by Dean's bedside.

We were half an hour away from the start of the biggest night of my career. I was solidifying my place in the Women's division tonight and claiming that title.

But when I did claim it, it was not going to be some petty butterfly sparkly pink bullshit.

WE ARE WOMEN, NOT LITTLE GIRLS OR DIVAS FOR THAT MATTER.

That belt was going to be fit for a queen when I get my hands on it for good and I'll make sure of it.

I got chills just thinking about how many people were out there.

781,640 wrestling fans filled every single seat in the arena and I couldn't wait to feel the energy radiating off of them.

Right when I was about to stretch, my phone went off.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Mrs. Good?"

"Yes, this is her speaking."

"Well Mrs. Good, Jonathan has shown signs of waking up sooner than expected. His body is beginning to respond to voices and functioning on its own."

My heart was pounding at the doctor's words.

"When do you think he'll wake up?"

"For all I know, he could wake up as soon as tomorrow. But it's up to his body when it is ready to maintain a fully functioning system."

"Thank you for notifying me Dr. Ramirez. I appreciate it. I'll be flying in tomorrow morning to see him."

"You are welcome Mrs. Good. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow."

I hung up before jumping for joy. He could be waking up anyday now.

He's been out for a whole week and his body's healing speed is amazing! I've never seen anyone heal as quick as him.

With a little extra pep in my step, I did my stretches and prepared to take home that title.

My hopes were high for Dean and I knew I couldn't get them up so quickly. He could take a step back and his body could shut down again.

But for now, I was more than ready to completely dismantle Carmella.

"You're on in fifteen, Paige!"

"Let's do this."