10. B R E A K D O W N

P A I G E
I should have never let him go out there. He was in the middle of having an anxiety attack and Stephanie sent him out there.

My heart felt like it was in my throat. He had a seizure after his matches. He was practically brain dead the entire time. That was so unlike my Dean. He ALWAYS fought back and he let them walk all over him.

I was in tears in the waiting room of the local hospital. I was waiting to find out if he was okay.

I was going to get my hands on Stephanie McMahon if it's the last thing I did. NOBODY hurt my boyfriend and got away with it.

My heart thumped against my chest as I saw the doctor.

"Are you Dean's girlf-"

"Yes. Is he okay? Please tell me he's okay."

"Dean is awake and sitting up. He suffered a mild concussion and a generalized convulsion or grand-mal seizure which is the most severe type of seizure. He is to be on bed rest for the next month. He's currently asking for you."

I nodded and followed the doctor to his room. As soon as I walked in my heart tugged.

A plethora of IV needles were connected to him and a bandage wrapped around his head. The heart monitor's beeping was heard throughout the room.

"Paige.."

His raspy voice made my heart melt. I could tell he'd just woken up.

I ran to him and gently wrapped my arms around him. I sobbed into his neck. I barely felt his hands on my waist because of how weak he was.

"You scared me so much. Dean I told you not to go out there, why would you do it?"

He offered a small, painful smile, his eyelids drooping.

"Did you really think I'd let you lose your job over me?"

I lifted my head up, sniffling. I knew my mascara was running down my cheeks.

My heart sped up as he gently wiped away my tears.

"Don't cry Paige. Especially not over me."

I growled and stood up from the bed, kicking the wall.

"Stop doing that!"

His eyes widened at my sudden outburst.

"Stop degrading yourself! You mean so much to me and I'm tired of you treating yourself like absolute shit."

"Paige-"

"I LOVE YOU. Okay!? I love you! I care about you too much to just sit here and watch you self-destruct!"

The room was dead silent for what felt like hours, until I heard his weak voice.

"I love you too."

I let out a sigh of relief, running my fingers through my hair.

I chuckled as he made grabby hands at me, begging me to come back over.