He hurts you infront of the kids

Zayn: He sat quietly on the thick shag carpet, watching as his three year old sister Macy played with her blocks. He thought it stupid, the way she played with blocks, setting them up only to knock them down again. Robin never played with his toys that way. Robin was more mature than that, at age ten he practically considered himself an adult… or at least that’s what his mommy told him. “You’re my little man.” She would always tell him, smiling the most beautiful smile he’d ever seen, and kissing his cheek. I love mom. He thought to himself, looking back in time to witness as Macy knocked her tower of blocks down once more. “Uh-oh.” She spoke out of habit, picking up another block to begin another pile. “Zayn, stop it.” Mom shouted from the hallway. Robin looked up as she tore into the living room, dad followed quickly behind her. “Don’t fucking walk away from me.” He shouted at mom, taking her by the arm and turning her around. Robin shook his head in distaste with his father’s choice of words. He knew that was a bad word, and not to be repeated. “Let me go!” She shouted in his face, pulling her arm away from dad as he held it tight. They were really mad this time, both of them. Robin whimpered, looking down at the block in his hands as his bottom lip trembled. His little heart pounded as tears streamed quickly down his cheeks. It made his tummy hurt when they did this. He didn’t like it one bit. Why were they angry all of the time? Why was dad angry all of the time? He wondered to himself. “Don’t bother daddy right now baby.” His mom would always say, pulling Robin back by his arm, as dad would always stalk down the hall. Robin glanced up in time to see Macy start to cry. She wasn’t good at being quiet. She was never good at being quiet like Robin was. Don’t make noise when daddy’s angry. Don’t get in his way. Mom would tell him. “Look at me!” Dad screamed in her face, pushing mom up against the wall. Robin reached out, pulling little Macy against his chest and patting her head. “Be quiet baby.” He whispered, placing a kiss on her head as he watched his parent’s bickering. She was angry this time too, but he always managed to seem so much bigger than everyone when he was mad. Dad reached up, wrapping a hand around mom’s neck, and pushing her back against the wall. Robin could hardly see now from the tears that swept down his cheeks. His arms locked around Macy tightly as she cried louder. Mommy’s facial expression changed, her eyes got really scared as he pushed his hand into her neck. “I’m sorry!” She finally whispered. Her words were almost inaudible to Robin as Macy cried louder in his ear. “Oh can you shut her up!” Dad suddenly screamed, releasing his grip on mommy’s neck as he faced the two of them now. He looked really scary like this, like a different person. Mom fell against the wall, breathing funny and crying. Macy was crying louder now that dad had yelled at her. Robin did his best to scoop Macy into his arms, carrying her quickly out of the room as she screamed. “Quiet baby.” Robin franticly wailed, running as best he could into the nursery and closing the door behind him. “Don’t cry in front of daddy.”

Liam: This wasn’t exactly the way Chelsea had planned to spend her twelfth birthday party. She was relieved though that all of her friends had gone aside from Destiny who had planned to sleep over. Chelsea did her best to ignore it this time. Her eyes stayed fixed on the television as her parents argued in the kitchen behind her. “They seem really mad.” Destiny whispered. Her voice was worried as she turned around on the couch, peering over the back of it and watching. “Stop.” Chelsea pleaded, keeping her eyes trained on the television. Destiny did as her friend requested, falling back on her butt and looking at the television. Chelsea hadn’t even been talking to her friend, though she was glad she turned around. Don’t look at them. Don’t let them see you looking. “Don’t bring that up again!” Dad yelled at mom. His voice boomed, and echoed loudly in the kitchen, overpowering mom’s complaints. What were they fighting about? Why was dad so angry? Chelsea could already feel the tears rattling against her chest, fighting to get out. It was so embarrassing that they fought all of the time, and even more embarrassing that they seemed perfectly okay with fighting while her best friend Destiny was in the house. “Fucking drop it! I said fucking drop it!” Dad was swearing now, something he only did when he was really angry. Though she didn’t normally like to see it, Chelsea couldn’t help it this time. Her own head turned as she looked over the back of the couch. Dad stood on one side of the kitchen island and mom stood on the other. He had his hands up at his sides, and his face was a deep red color as he yelled at mom. This time Destiny wouldn’t look. She kept her eyes on the television as Chelsea watched her parent’s argument play out in front of her. She wiped a tear from her eye, hoping Destiny hadn’t noticed she was watching. Just watch the television. Ignore them. “Liam, you’re being really unfair.” Mom argued. Her voice was so quiet compared to dads. As quickly as she had said this, he was yelling at her again. Mom rolled her eyes in frustration and hurt as she started out of the kitchen, heading toward the hallway that would lead to their bedroom. Chelsea followed them with her eyes, reaching up and wiping tears from her cheeks as she watched her father follow her mother. Destiny reached up once she noticed her friend crying, and she took her by the wrist, pulling lightly and wanting her to look away. Don’t look. “Right, walk away like you always fucking do.” He muttered as he caught up with mom, meeting her side and grabbing her by the elbow. He pushed her so hard up against the wall that Chelsea thought she heard her mom’s head hit against the wall. “Don’t you ever do that, ever!” Mom shouted as she glared up at him. He hadn’t ever done that before, and as fast as it happened, it was over. Dad retreated, seeing just what he had done. He was still angry, but somehow he was defeated.