He's drunk

Louis:

You groaned as you rolled over towards the ringing phone on your bedside table, the bright screen made you squint as you saw the time was 3am and your boyfriend Louis’s face flashed on the screen. Ignoring it you attempted to go back to sleep, but only moments later it rang again and you shifted slightly, lifting the phone to your ear you answered, “hello” you said, voice thick with sleep. “Y/N” Louis yelled through the phone, voice slurring slightly. You could hear the music pumping in the background and the easily recognisable laugh of Niall. “Louis, why are you calling?” You mumbled in irritation. “I miss you baby” Louis said, only barely recognisable as words. “That’s nice Lou, I miss you too can I go sleep now?” You replied eyes already half closed again. “No, want you to come out.” Louis whined, “Louis I’m at home remember, I’m not even in London at the moment.” There was a moment of silence before Louis spoke again “I’ll pay, just come.” Louis whined again, obviously past the point of understanding that you were about 4 hours away. “Lou I can’t, I’ll see you in two days.” “But I need you” Louis said. “Lou you’re drunk, just go have some fun,” you urged. You heard Louis start to speak again in the same whiny voice before he was interrupted by shuffling and static, then silence before Zayn’s rough voice came through the phone. “Don’t worry y/n we’ll look after him, you can go back to sleep,” he said, his voice showing signs of alcohol but still calm and understandable. “Thanks Zayn, bye,” you said, eyes closed already as you put your phone down and rolled back over. Just before you fell back to sleep, your phone buzzed with a message, you unlocked it to see a message from Niall. ‘Louis’ face after Zayn took the phone’ it read, followed by a picture of Louis, glassy eyes, red flushed cheeks with a huge pout distorting his features. You replied quickly “aww poor boo, give him a hug from me” to which Niall replied “will do.” Again you put the phone down and closed your eyes, finally slipping into a peaceful sleep, though admittedly you were wishing you were with Louis.

Niall:

A loud hammering on your front door woke you. You looked around confused seeing the movie you had been watching had long ago finished and been replaced by late night infomercials. At another loud bang on your door you pushed aside the blankets and slowly stood up from the comfort of your sofa and quickly made your way to the front door. You were hesitant to open the door until you heard a familiar voice. “Where’s y/n?” You heard Niall ask through the door and quickly you swung open the door. You took in the scene before you. Your boyfriend was slumped slightly, a lopsided grin on his face, eyes glassy and bloodshot. He was leaning heavily on Liam who was holding him up with strong arms. “Y/N!” Niall exclaimed happily when he saw you, straightening himself slightly. “Niall what are you doing here?” You asked with a laugh, unable to hide your amusement. “I anted o seeeeee ou.” Niall slurred. Liam cut in when he saw your confused look, “sorry, I tried to take him home but he insisted he had to see you!” Liam said, voice only slightly tainted with alcohol. “That’s ok, just help me get him in” you said, stepping aside and letting the two boys stumble forward. Liam successfully managed to push Niall onto the sofa, heading towards the door again. “I’ve got to go I have a cab waiting, will you be right with him?” You smiled back and nodded “yeh thanks for looking after him” you replied, Liam nodded and left. As you turned back to Niall he reached out ad grabbed your arm, pulling you down on top of him, “Niall!” You screeched. Niall laughed his blue eyes sparkling. “I missed you darlin” Niall said accent coming through strong in his drunken state. He gripped you with surprising strength as he started kissing down you jaw. You laughed as you pulled away. “Alright calm down, I’m going to go get you some water.” You laughed turning away from Niall’s pout and walking to the kitchen. When you re-entered the lounge room you saw that Niall had already fallen asleep one arm hanging over the side of the sofa, one on his chest and his mouth slightly ajar. You smiled fondly as you pulled the blanket over him and brushed the hair from his face, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead.