Grandma's Sunshine

Nicomaine Mendoza was silently sitting on the back seat of Eat Bulaga's van. They've just finished their shooting and rehearsals for the day and was about to go to there condos.

"Hey, Meng!" she heard there director, Ate Pat called her. As a celebrity and a mainstay of Eat Bulaga she is much better known as Maine or Meng, her nickname.

She quickly glances in the front to see where Pat was seating.

"Ahmm, what?" she asked.

Pat gives her a worried look before asking, "Are you alright? We've been talking about having dinner outside the condo, are you okay with it?"

"Oh, of course. It's fine with me", she quickly answered.

Pat's eye lingered on her face before asking the members of Eat Bulaga's EB Babes that is also in the van.

Maine looks at the screen of her cellphone. She has been holding it since they've finished their shooting. In it, was a text message she receive from an unknown number. Though the number was not registered in her mobile phone she already has an idea due to the message it said...

Anonymous: We need to see each other...your father wants to see us both. He wants to tell us something important. Are you free for dinner?

She sighs. She's been anticipating the text message ever since she comes back from her vacation on her parent's ancestral house in Bulacan.

[Flashback]

She has finally got to have a break after all the events that Eat Bulaga has done and her debut as an actress. She chooses to go to Bulacan where her grandmother lived. Their house there is big and close with nature, a perfect place to relax and unwind.

Packed with her bags and gifts for her grandmother, she went to Bulacan unknowingly to her grandmother. She wants to surprise her.

But she was more surprise the moment she arrived...

"Mom? Dad?, w-what are you also doing here?", she was shocked to see both of her parents at the living room of there ancestral house the moment she step inside.

They told her that they can't accompany her because of there work and busy schedule. But now, they are both sitting comfortably in the big sofa, her father is reading a magazine while her mother is peeling apples giving it to her father.

Her father immediately looked up, "Aren't you happy to see us?"

"No! I mean, yes! Of course, I just got surprise, that's all", she said while walking closer to them. She quickly sat on the sofa and look questioningly at both her parents.

"How about your work?"

Her mother smile, "We decided to take a vacation as well".

She look at her father, "You too?" she asked not convince. She has known for years that her father loves working. He's a workaholic. It was only because of her mother that her father didn't succumb to work completely.

"Nicomaine, I decided to have a time for my family is that bad?" her father said calling her by her real name of course.

She quickly shook her head left and right. "No, of course not!" a smile formed in her lips, "So it's a family vaction now?"

Both her parents nod.

She laughs and can not suppress her excitement. It's been so long since the last time they have a "family time".

"I'm just gonna fixed my things and come down again to plan what we'll going to do this whole week, is that alright? Mom, Dad?", she said excitedly