6, Guns (Picture Of Story Ad)

Chapter 6, Guns

An ear-splitting, scream sounded in the room. The owner of it, was Missy.

Renee just kept repeating, "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," over and over again while pacing in a lumpy oval.

Silent tears were falling from Nikki's eyes as she desperatley tried to get a signal on her cell-phone. She walked around the room, standing on furniture, and holding her phone upside down. No luck.

Whitney was sitting on the floor. I think she's meditating, but I can't really tell.

I, being senbsible, rushed to the window, throwing it open and yelling, "SABRINAAAAA!!! SARAAAAA!!! ARE YOU GUYS THERE? SOMEONE HELP US!" No response. I tried three more times, using the same dialogue. Still no response.

"No one can hear you over the pounding rain, Chrissa," said Whitney, stading up from her trance. "We're out of luck. I think they've gone missing, too. Let's just hope it was their gun and not the enemy's that we heard."

The front door rattled, everyone bolted to the corner of the room farthest from the entrance.

Then, we heard her. "GUYS! LET ME IN! IT'S SARA!"

To our relief, we all sprinted to the door, stumbeling over each other in our haste.

It was me who finally opened the door. "Sara!" we all exclaimed.

"They got her! They got Sabrina! She's gone! Shut the door! Shut it!" she cried. I obeyed and we all went back to the living room and sat on the same couch.

"What happened?" we all tried to ask, but she was just blurbering little blurbs of what had occurred. Things like, "gun," and "men," and "capture."

Nikki eventually though of the idea of making some hot chocolate to calm her down. Sara drank it, her violent shivers ceasing and her rambeling slowing.

"What. Happened. Sara?" I said stiffly. What's wrong with Sabrina?

"Okay, thanks guys," she started, referring to her hot cocoa. "We set out to Mrs. Lanters house. It's about a five minute walk, according to Sabrina. We were about four minutes in, when a man with a baseball cap pulled low over his face and baggy clothing jumped out of a car that pulled up next to us. He went to grab me, when Sabrina shot. She hit him in the shoulder. He lunged at Sabrina, who hit him over the head with the gun. Well, she tried. He ducked so she only skimmed his scalp. He yelled a really bad word and whacked the gun out of her hand. Another guy got out of the backseat of the car and snuck up behind her. He dragged her into the car while I was trying to throw a punch at the first guy. I got him in the nose. A couple seconds after he staggered back, he passed out from his shoulder wound. So, I started to run really fast back here. I think the other guy forgot about me 'cause he was dragging his friend into the car. Now I'm here." She finished her horrid tale with body-quaking sobs and her violent shivering commenced.

"Sabrina shot someone!" exclaimed Missy. "I never would of thought she'd have the guts to do that!"

"Missy!" I shreaked. That was very inappropriate to say at the moment.

"Chrissa!" she echoed in a mocking tone.

"What do we do now?" asked Renee gravely.

"I don't know," I said. "Any ideas, guys?" I asked. All the responses were really just murmured "no's."

"What every happened to Sabrina's mom?" asked Nikki suddenly.

"Oh my god! I totally forgot about her! It's been a lot longer than an hour! Do you think they got her, too?" asked Whitney in a panic.

"I don't think so. Those guys looked like they're in their early twenties. I don't think they'd try to kidnap a grown woman. She probably just got held up in traffic because of all the rain. Or something happened at the store. I think she's okay, but I'm not so sure about Nina, Heather, and Sabrina," I answered.

Suddenly, Renee's terrified voice spoke up. "Do you think they're..." She gulped. "Dead?"

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! And on my wish list, is comments on every chapter I upload today! I'm uploading for every book I have. Read my message board, there's a message on it I sent to all fans about uploading on my birthday! Love you all!