"We'll put it on the list, but I think we're going to go with a barn dance" Sutton said as she pretended to write it down in her hot pink notebook.

"A barn dance? Sutton that is ingenius!" Emma said excitedly, the sarcasm dripping from her voice, but it was lost on Sutton.

"Yes! Finally an excuse to whip out my cowboy boots" Dexter declared happily.

"Dex. There is never an excuse to whip out cowboy boots" I turned to him with a bored expression.

"Jeeze Malia, what's got your goat? Are you upset because you're boyfriends not here?" he looked playfully at me.

"What? Who?" I asked, sounding slightly panicky that he was insinuating Will was my boyfriend.

"Riley is out practising with the guys?" he looked at me with narrowed eyes, moving closer to me and inspecting my expression. "Did you think I was talking about William?" he asked sounding suspicious.

"You are joking! No way!" I tried to laugh, but his suspicious expression didn't shift.

"I'm onto you Reid" he drew back, but his eyes were still narrowed.

"You're on hallucinogenics, that's for sure" I rolled my eyes, internally chastising myself, I hadn't actually noticed Riley's absence.

"Oh Sutton! I have an idea - Bikini car wash?" Dex suggested, giving her a thumbs up and a wink.

"That could work Dex!" she grinned before writing it down eagerly.

Oh god.

***

"Good talk" I mused sarcastically as Willow ran upstairs to her room without saying a single word to me.

I placed my bag down on the sofa and was about to head to the kitchen when the front door opening made me jump.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaimed as Will stood against my door.

"I've been waiting for you to get home for hours" he said hurriedly, he was whispering. There was something so off about his behaviour.

"What is going on?" I asked him, getting more concerned by the second.

"Lucky I need you to do something for me" he looked like he was scared, which was so unlike him. "I need you to hide me."

"What?!" I shouted, forgetting that Willow was just upstairs. He grabbed my hand and led me into the kitchen. "Will, I told you that I don't do any of that stuff any more and I thought you were-"

"I promise Lucky, I didn't do anything, but the police still might be after me."

"Funny, that's exactly something a criminal would say" I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Will you just let me explain what happened?" he asked whilst I considered just kicking him out, but I knew all too well that there was more than one side to every story. I nodded.

"When I got to school there were these thugs waiting for me. You know, the kind with hideous tattoos and oversized clothing. I consider myself a higher class of criminal, I mean, there's no need to dress like a criminal, am I right?"

"Will!" I exclaimed, widening my eyes at him.

"Sorry, off topic. Anyway, there were these two scary looking thugs. I'll admit in my day I've been in a fair few fights, but these guys looked like they carried weapons so I wasn't exactly going to try and piss them off. They told me to go with them and despite declining, several times might I add, they forced me into their car."