10. Vulgar Popsicle

Collide - Leona Lewis

***

"I was half expecting my car to be gone by the time I got back" I joked as I slid into my seat. Emma was already passed out on the back seat, Will buckled up in the passenger seat.

"Stealing cars is not my thing" he raised an eyebrow at me, offended by the insinuation.

"Really? I used to do it" I said casually, waiting to see his reactions as I turned on the engine.

"What?!" he practically jumped out of his seat.

"Yup" I chuckled at his reactions.

"That is truly badass, respect to you Lucky. I just assumed you liked to beat up boys" he teased me.

"No William, stealing cars is bad and we don't do it any more" I reminded him as I drove along the quiet roads.

"You're right, you're right" he was silent for a few moments, but he just couldn't help himself "Did you steal this car?" he asked, a hopeful gleam in his eye.

"No!" I exclaimed.

"I stole this watch" he showed me the watch that he always wore. I barely noticed, it just seemed to be a part of him. For the first time I noticed how expensive looking the watch was and I chastised myself for not noticing it earlier.

"That's disgraceful" I told him, flipping my eyes back to look at the road.

"Diabolical, its diabolical Lucky" he chuckled. I couldn't deny that I was slightly impressed, stealing something that valuable must have taken skill. Will Memory was obviously not your average delinquent.

I pulled up on the side walk next to Emma's house and turned to face her. She was out cold.

"O'Malley, you're home. Get your hot ass out of my car" I ordered her, but she simply moaned in reply. I shoved her, but she wasn't budging. I shoved her again, but she just whined louder. "Emma, I am not heaving you in again! Last time we woke up your whole family!" I complained, but she still didn't reply.

"Luckily for you, I am a stealthy burglar and I know how to sneak around a house undetected. Albeit it, I'm usually taking item, not returning them, but its the same principle" Will raised his eyebrows at me and I just groaned as I opened the door to the car.

"I'm coming with you to make sure your hands don't wander, on either Emma or the O'Malley's silver cabinet" I hissed at him.

"I would never let my hands wander. Emma's drunk, that would be taking advantage" he winked at me before scooping her up from the back seat.

We walked up the path and when we reached the front door I picked the spare key out from under the mat. "If this household gets robbed within the next couple of months, I'll lock your ass in prison myself" I warned him, pointing the key at him aggressivley.

"You putting me in hand cuffs? I have a recurring dream about that" he smirked at me. I would have hit him, but my best friend's life was literally in his hands.

We silently walked into the house and I led the way up to Emma's room, Will was holding her securely and I briefly considered how I would have coped if he hadn't have been with me. The simple answer was that I wouldn't have.

I opened the door to her bedroom and pulled the cover back on her bed, letting lay her down gently.

"Turn around" I whispered and to my surprise he complied without making some comment about how he should be able to watch.

Listen Lucky जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें