Missing (Chapter 10)

Jayden's POV

'I am incredibly stupid. Im lucky Y/n still wanted to be friends with me' i thought to myself as i thought about what had just taken place.

I thought through everything again, of stupidity of trying to kiss her after i had just rejected Kylie. 'How did i mess up so badly. I could have avoided this!' I mentally scolded myself, but there was something else too.

That kid Nico had just appeared out of nowhere, i mean i know he can shadow travel and all but he didn't even hesitate to punch me. And although Y/n scolded him that she could have handled it (which might i add was a little offensive) she seemed pretty relieved that he was there. I couldn't help but think that he was the one in the way.

I decided to head back to the Ares cabin to see what my brother was up to.

"Hey Dean" I said as i walked in

No response. He had his head buried n a book so i guess i shouldn't expect anything from him.

"Ok then" i muttered to myself and made my way over to my bunk

One of the other Ares kids, Sherman, walked over to me "Hey Jayden how'd it go?" He asked as he gave me a sly smile.

"How did what go?' I asked irritated

"We all saw you blow off Kylie and then you were talking to Y/n so we figured we'd give you two some alone time. Mark looked back while we were on our way out and said he saw that you guys were making out. So i'm asking, what went down after we left?"

I thought about what had happened. The way she viciously rejected me and Nico beating me up. I couldn't tell them that, i was an Ares kid i wasn't supposed to get beat up. I figured if i told them that i was rejected and beat up all in one day they would for sure make fun of me for it, i just couldn't let that happen.

By now almost all my cabin mates were around waiting for me to answer. Sherman raised eyebrows "So?" He asked

"Well... I-i didn't actually kiss her she pushed me away before i could" i said and decided not to mention Nico beating me up.

"Ohh! Rejected!" They all shouted in sync and started laughing.

Despite how much it hurt to be rejected and then have everyone laugh at me for it, i laughed too. And from the corner of my eye i swore i saw Dean smiling.

Nico's POV

I had to jog to keep up with Y/n, each of her steps weren't so much steps as much as they were long strides. She had walked away from Jayden at such a fast pace to go and find Kylie to see if she was alright. Unfortunately we didn't find her anywhere in the woods and it was already sunset, so we decided to go see if Kylie had gone back to camp for dinner.

It was about 6:45 when we got back to camp Y/n immediately ran to the hermes table. No Kylie. She asked everyone if they had seen her. Nothing. She went up to Chiron and Mr.D's table.

"Chiron, Mr.D! Kylie is missing i can't find her anywhere" she exclaimed

"Calm down child. Have you asked around?" He asked

"Yes sir no one has seen her" she said a little calmer now

Just as Chiron was about to say something else Rachel walked up and said " I saw her. She ran past my cave she was crying i asked if she was ok but she just said she was getting some fresh air"

Y?n grabbed rachel by her arms "How long ago?" She asked

"About thirty minutes ago i was already late for dinner so i didn't think much of it at the time" she replied

"Chiron, sir may i go and see if i can find her?" Y/n asked

"You can't go wandering around in the forest alone child" he explained

"I'll go with her" I said quickly

"I can come too" Rachel added in

Chiron seemed a little shocked "Very well but if anything is to go wrong you are to come back and get help immediately" he said sternly

"Yes, sir thank you" she said as she turned around and walked off Rachel and I at her heels.

"We'll find her Y/n" I assured her putting a hand to her shoulder

"I hope you're right" she said and we all took each other's hand and i shadow traveled to Rachel's cave to start our search for Kylie.

Kylie's POV

I can't let anyone find out that i have found who i really am. They would never let me stay and then i definitely wouldn't have enough power to talk to my mother.

'You could never have the power. But i need you to find someone that is strong enough so we can drain them and i can consume their power only then will i be able to raise my castle of Night out of the underworld without anyone to oppose me. Only then will you get to meet your true mother'

The voice rolled through my head like thunder so familiar and frightening and i knew i had to do what she asked of me. What my mother asked of me.

I decided that i would head back to camp and tell them that i was hurt because of Jayden but that i was fine now. 'They are sure to believe that' i told myself.