93

Song for the chapter: Piece By Piece -Kelly Clarkson

~~~

"All I remember is your back, walking towards the airport, leaving us all in your past. I traveled 1500 miles to see you, begged you to want me, but you didn't want to. But piece by piece he collected me, up off the ground where you abandoned things."

After awhile, Louis drove Clair and I back to our dorm, while Harry stayed back with Professor Hardy. I couldn't get the story that Harry had told me out of my head, my mind just continually seeing  a wrecked teen. Harry's first love died, leaving his shattered, broken heart behind. At this point, I wish I could've saved her.

Clair notices my awkward, silent position in the car, her body probably aching to ask me what's wrong. Truth is I didn't really even want to talk about Harry anymore or any of our problems. The whole point of letting someone go is letting go of all the memories, to stop talking about it all together.

Louis drops us off at our dorm at about eight-thirty, my body already tired from this whole day of running around, tears, and heartbreak. Everything today has just worn me down, physically and mentally.

I unlock the door to our dorm room, instantly walking straight to my bed and throwing myself onto the covers. I can hear Clair shuffling around the room, taking off her shoes, and throwing her bag onto the floor.

The room is filled with a silent air, making me question what look Clair had on her face. Maybe she was expecting me to talk first in this situation, or maybe she just wanted me to tell her every detail about what happened today.

"Your not going to tell me about what happened?" As if on schedule, Clair asks me to spill the details. I get up from my comfortable position so I could look at her facial expression. Her hands were crossed over her chest, and her expression made her look as if she was waiting for something.

"Clair I know that usually I'd always want to tell you about it, but I just don't want to talk about Harry anymore tonight." Clair nods her head and uncrossed her arms. I'm thankful for the understanding friend that I have here with me, because without her I wouldn't be able to survive.

"That's okay, we could just order some food and watch a movie. If you'd like?" I smile at Clair, thinking about us just hanging out instead of always talking about boys, especially Harry.

"I'd love that." So for the rest of the night Clair and I eat some fat takeout food and watch a funny movie. We laugh and talk about life, also about fall break approaching us soon. I would probably be going home, even if it was to nothing and old scary faces.

By the time the ending of the movie rolls around, my eyelids are falling shut, and my head was buried into my pillow. Sweet dreams invade my mind, making me smile internally for a hopeful new future.

~~~

My body aches when I wake up and stretch the next morning. Clair was still asleep while I was awake, getting ready for classes. My literature class had been postponed, which meant my classes didn't start until midday today. Liam had called and scheduled us for coffee in the morning, and of course I said yes to the invitation.

I leave Clair a note on the dresser before heading out to meet Liam outside. The hallways were empty, considering it was still pretty early in the morning. Most students scheduled their classes to begin after ten.