4

"If you want to I can save you, I can take you away from here."

~~~

"Harry, what'll happen to my car?" We're about to leave, a million questions and concerns rushing through my already frazzled mind. David's words are still in my mind. I guess in the end I'm the only person to blame because my idiotic mind persuaded me into staying with David.

"We can come back and get it after," Harry reassures me, and all I can do, is take his word for it. All of me is in that car, the woman I left home as is embedded into that car's interior. I'm not ready to leave it all behind just yet. 

I nod my head despite all of my objections, and I make my way over to Harry's car. It's a classic car, my eyes looking it over and appreciating it for a moment.

Liam, Niall, and Louis are already shuffling into the back seats, leaving me with the passenger seat closest to Harry. Harry still hasn't mentioned where we'll be going, making me wonder if I should even get into the car. I've always been someone who prefers to know what the plan will be, because it makes everything else so much easier. 

Harry opens the passenger door for me, the act surprisingly kind for him. I get into the car with a little hesitation, my mind telling me not to get into the car with strangers. Harry shuffles into the car, shuts the door, and starts the car before finally pulling out of the diner parking lot. 

In the mirror I can see Liam typing away on his phone, Louis trying to catch a peek at the screen, and Niall looking out the window. Are they all always this silent and awkward or is it just because I'm here?

While looking into the overhead mirror, I'm able to take in each of their unique appearances. Liam is wearing a leather jacket, his face adorned with just the tiniest bit of stubble. His sense of style seems to be the most pulled together out of all of the boys. He has an array of tattoos, but they don't make him look as intimidating as Zayn's did.

From what I've gathered so far, Liam has been the most compassionate and helpful. In the ten minutes I've known him, he has offered me a shoulder to cry on when I let my guard down in the parking lot. He has been welcoming and was even open to the idea of me tagging along. Something about him just seems friendly and easy to trust. 

Then there's Louis, a boy in the group I haven't really talked to yet. He seems like the young-hearted, energetic one of the group. Louis, as well, has tattoos, some littered on his arms and on his chest. All the boys have tattoos that seem to mean something, but some of them also just look like wasted space. 

Then there's Niall, the quiet and shy boy of the group. He is the complete opposite of all the other boys. Niall has warm, blonde locks, and ink-free skin. I haven't spoken to Niall yet, except for our simple exchange of hellos. Hopefully, I'll get to discover who Niall is the more we talk.

Then there's Harry, the most mysterious of them all. One moment he's kind enough to lend you a hand in a lonely time, but the next he's yelling and aggravated. I just can't figure him out, not yet at least. His tattoos are more spread out, but it looks like he has the most. 

"So what are you doing just wandering around here Goldie?" Harry breaks the dragged-out silence in the car.

"Well honestly, I don't really know. I'm just trying to get away from my old life." I say while shrugging my shoulders. Harry looks at me with a curious expression.

"What was wrong with your old life?" Harry asks while keeping his eyes on the road. At a moment I catch a glance at matching tattoos on his arms. One arm has "things I can't", and the other has "things I can". They're probably just symbols referring to the fact that he isn't perfect, that no one is.