81

Song for the chapter- Camouflage by Selena Gomez

~~~

"I've got so much shit to say, but I can't help feeling like I'm camouflage, fortress around my heart. You were mine just yesterday, now I have no idea who you are. It's like you camouflaged. But it's good to see you here again, I don't wanna say goodbye. But it's about half past ten, and I have to catch my ride."

"How did he find your contact?" Harry asks, leaning up against the wall. He looked so effortless and comfortable, while I looked a wreck from my previous conversation with my father.

"I have no idea, maybe from the school or my mother." There's no way my mother would've answered the phone, even if she didn't know it was him. She's too lost in her mind to even leave the couch.

Suddenly, Harry moves away from the wall and stands upright. His eyes go wide, thinking of some way my father would've been able to contact me. I'm really hoping Harry had nothing to do with it.

"Shit, my father could've given it to him. They work together." Harry runs a hand through his unruly curls. I wonder if Kendall would ever realize her date was missing from the party, no one else seemed to care.

"They still work together? That's not ideal, your father knows me more than my own does." The sad truth was that my father didn't really know anything about me, but even Harry's father knew my phone number.

"I hope he doesn't do something as fucking stupid as giving your dad your number. I'm sorry he did that Sarah." Harry has sincerity laced in his tone, meaning every word on behalf of his father.

"It's okay, I might've said that I wanted to get in touch with him anyways. I just wasn't prepared for it to be tonight." I chip at the paint on my nails, a nervous and annoying habit of mine.

"Do you wanna stop talking about it?" Harry asks, looking up at me. His eyes were so clear, perfectly crystallized. I nod my head, throwing the thought of my father away from my mind. He couldn't ruin my whole night.

"Let's talk about your date instead." My lips curve up into a smirk, trying to be the playful friend I promised myself I would be. Harry would need me as a friend in his life, we'd probably be amazing at it.

"Let's not speak about Kendall." Harry's mood changes instantly, losing that sweet, low tone he had before. Now I had serious Harry before me, the one that didn't sell secrets away so easily. Maybe I could crack the code tonight and get it.

"Why not? She's gorgeous and you look happy. That's all I need in my life Harry, is your happiness." Harry leans against the wall again, looking as gorgeous as usual. It was a blessing to my eyes that I got to see Harry at his most carefree.

"What do you want to know about Kendall?" A smile spreads across my lips, I knew Harry would let me in. I was his only exception, which still made me happy to this day. I think about what I want to know first, the most important facts to me.

"When did you guys start seeing each other?" I ask, standing on my tiptoes. I was trying to look carefree and feel like a buddy, but it wasn't working. Harry's presence was enough to make me fall under any pressure.

"Well, I asked her to come with me tonight, but I don't think it'll last." I look at him, cocking an eyebrow in confusion. "She's not my type." Harry shrugs his shoulders, saying that it didn't matter because he'd never love her anyways.